Sony Not Planning PS2 or PS3 Titles for PS Vita

Not yet, anyway

Sony’s said that it has no plans to bring PlayStation 2 or PlayStation 3 support to the PS Vita at this time.

Speaking in an FAQ published on the PlayStation Blog, the platform holder said:

Users can play supported digital PSP titles and supported Minis [on the PlayStation Vita]. In regard to PSone classics titles, we will announce further details when they are ready. PlayStation does not have plans to make PS Vita compatible with PS3 or PS2 titles at this point.

PS2 support was always a long-shot, but the good news is that Sony isn’t ruling it out entirely. Is this a feature you’d like to see focused on in the future?

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I wouldn't mind being able to download the first 2 Kingdom Hearts games. But I'm not overly concerned about ps2 compatibility. I'd rather be able to play all of my PSN games from the PS3 on the Vita like Might & Magic or Costume Quest. Surely the Vita could handle those.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I think having PS2 games available on Vita would make it more appealing to a lot of people, given the PS2's wealth of amazing games.

Supereor

Supereor said:

All I wanna do on Vita is go on the Welcome app and make that tiny skateboarder sick. ;)

AND I wanna play Ratchet and Clank. DEFINITELY Ratchet and Clank.

Dak_n_Jaxter

Dak_n_Jaxter said:

I think the PS2 game collection would be a terrible thing to waste.... So many amazing games that appeal to so many gamers..... And it's been a generation sense most people have even played most of them, if at all. They would attract fans new and old..... doesn't really make since. I love Sony, but most of the time it seems like they just don't want to make money

Objection

Objection said:

First they need to put PS2 on the PS3...the support has been...inconsistent to say the least.

Noire

Noire said:

They're giving me Persona 4: The Golden so ... I don't need PS2 support, hehe.