PlayStation Vita's US Ad Campaign Goes for the Kill

Daggers drawn

If you thought Sony’s European PlayStation Vita ad campaign – dubbed “The World Is In Play” – was thoughtful and evocative, then steel yourself for North America’s aggressive “Never Stop Playing” alternative.

Packed with face-melting bass lines, hostile voiceovers and unnerving death-stares, you’d think Sony was promoting a new late night serial drama rather than a portable gaming console.

The ad gets the point across, but we vastly prefer the European spot. Let us know which you favour in the comments.

fullyilly

fullyilly said:

I really hope Sony smash it with the Vita. It's a killer piece of kit and has so much promise. This is the first time I've been truly excited for a hardware launch since the PSP. Everything since then has felt so hum drum...oh, wait, everything since then has been a happy, lovey, family console under the name of Nintendo. Yeah that explains it.

Dak_n_Jaxter

Dak_n_Jaxter said:

I want to see Drake's face at every urinal. Please make this work Sony. Honestly, I don't even know anyone that really has any idea what a Vita is.... that's sad

Supereor

Supereor said:

@zezhyrule

Ikr?

If I was Sony, my ad gimmick would be "Live Long, Love Long, Play Long". What do you think?

Yeah, I know, it's terrible, if Sony really used that, I'd set fire to every store that sold Vitas.

koops330

koops330 said:

How can I never stop playing if the battery life sucks

Also were is my Kevin Butler commercial with him they can sell anything

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

Ugh, I don't really like how the perception of gaming in the US is a competitive sport, where you have to dominate others to prove your own worth. Games can be cooperative, too! I like @GrandChaseLover's motto much better.