The Bethesda published RPG toppled Just Dance 3, to finish up in first. That pushed Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 into third. The excellent FIFA 12 finished up in fourth, while Saints Row: The Third climbed above Battlefield 3 into fifth.
Skyrim marks the first time a non EA or Activision published title has topped the Christmas charts since 2002. Back then the winner was Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on PS2.
It's always nice to see a different publisher at the top of the charts, so congrats Bethesda. Now go and fix the PlayStation 3 version so we can enjoy it as it was intended.
The full chart's after the jump.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- FIFA 12 (EA Sports)
- Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
- Battlefield 3 (EA Games)
- Assassins Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
- Mario & Sonic at the 2012 London Olympics (SEGA)
- Need for Speed: The Run (EA Games)
- Professor Layton and the Spectres Call (Nintendo)