The record breaking Activision shooter beat off strong new competition from Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Revelations and THQ's Saints Row: The Third — both of which debuted in second and fourth respectively.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dropped to third, while FIFA 12 finished up in fifth. New releases from Microsoft and Nintendo padded out the top-ten, but there was still room for Battlefield 3 in eighth.
Unfortunately for EA, Need For Speed: The Run didn't quite sprint fast enough, finishing up in eleventh position.
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- Assassins Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
- FIFA 12 (EA Sports)
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Microsoft)
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
- Battlefield 3 (EA Games)
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
- Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)