But proving that those living overseas do have some semblance of taste, FIFA 12 wasn't too far behind it, finishing up in fourth.
Dead Island did ridiculously well, propping up the charts in third position of the back of that trailer and, well, zombies we assume. Resistance 3 also managed to make an appearance on the charts, landing in a respectable seventh position.
Sony hasn't released hardware numbers for the PlayStation 3, but a NeoGAF post puts the figures at 364k-374k — putting the system just behind the XBOX 360. Sony also touted software growth, stressing continued momentum as the platform enters the holiday season.
In larger industry trends, total industry sales dropped 6 percent year over year, with $1.16 billion spent.
- Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP)
- Gears of War 3 (360)
- Dead Island (360, PS3, PC)
- FIFA Soccer 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, 3DS)
- NHL 12 (360, PS3)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360, PS3, PC)
- Resistance 3 (PS3)
- Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)
- Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine (360, PS3, PC)