PS Vita UK Release Date and Price Listed by GameStop

Posted by Patrick Elliot

Pound for pound

Back in June, Sony announced a PS Vita release date and price for both North America and Europe, marking the device at $249/€249 for the Wi-Fi model and $299/€299 for 3G. But the release date was left open, merely stating a global 2011 launch for the device, and never mentioning a United Kingdom price.

Now GameStop UK has set up pre-orders for PlayStation Vita, listing prices for both versions of the handheld: £209.97 for Wi-Fi and £244.97 for 3G models. What's more is GameStop slapped a release date up on the pre-orders, and if it is to be believed, the system could hit UK shores by the first of September.

Hit up the following link if you'd like to place a PS Vita pre-order at GameStop, and keep it locked to VitaGamr for the latest PS Vita launch details.

[via gamestop.co.uk]

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

First of September, eh? Someone listed it as October the other day. I just hope one of them is actually true - I don't want to wait until next year.

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

Eh?! The first of September?! That's only It's the 1st of August now so... one month away! If this is to be believed, then I've got to earn some extra dosh pronto. It's great that it's coming so soon, but I've only got enough wonga for my Xenoblade pre-order, let alone a new console :S. I wouldn't mind if it came out maybe a month later to give me some leeway.

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

either way, im still gonna wait till monster hunter comes out for the vita. i need to save my money for other things anyways

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Yeah, in a period of just under 2 hours, the PlayStation Vita went from launching in October to releasing in September. If we wait a few more hours, it might actually launch today! :D

irken004

irken004 said:

I probably wouldn't want one until the holidays. Gives me time to hear what the consumers have to say about it ;)

Tar

Tar said:

I'm American, so at first I read that as January 9th, 2011 which had just passed. I'm glad I read the comments :p

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Wow that's close. Correct or not, I'll probably wait till around Christmas time to get one.

Strider_Hiryu

Strider_Hiryu said:

I think I will do just fine with a Wi-Fy only model in January or February. And the certainty of a Dragon's Crown localisation...