First New Little King's Story Vita Shots Take the Throne

Posted by James Newton

Kneel!

The announcement of New Little King's Story for PlayStation Vita came without any screenshots, just a mention that the game's characters would have 'more realistic proportions', something that struck fear into the hearts of fans of the Wii original. Now we have the first screenshots below showing it's still pretty faithful to the 2009 classic.

You play King Corobo in his teen years, still tasked with expanding your kingdom, recruiting villagers of differing skills and defeating enemies. From the screenshots so far we've seen that the farmer, soldier and miner classes will still be available, something that should please fans of the original as these three skills are crucial.

We'll have more as it arrives. For now, enjoy the screenshots below.

Strider_Hiryu

Strider_Hiryu said:

Reassuring direction, I'd say. When they talked about "more realistic proportions", I was in serious doubt, but the Rune Factory vibe fits the game nicely.

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

I've never played this game. What do you do? (I know I could check the NLife review but I want a short version :P)

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

Phew. That was a close one, but it looks like everything's dandy with the visuals. No need to worry.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I missed the announcement for this. So they're making a sequel for Vita...but the original is still only available on Wii? Weird.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Meh...it looks ok I guess. Reminds me of FFCC: My Life as a King. I definitely prefer the look of the first game.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I was a bit concerned when I read that they were changing the look of the characters to more realistic proportions but I am very pleased with how they look now. The art style seems to fit the fact that the characters are now older but it still retains the quirky elements of the original. I still prefer the look of the original but I am really liking this new updated look. This is easily my most wanted game on any system right now.:)

James

James said:

@Roopa132 I've been banging on about this game for years. It's ace, and only narrowly lost to NSMBWii in our 2009 Game of the Year race. Please buy it, you'll enjoy it, I promise!