EA Brings Grand Slam Tennis 2 to Move Centre Court
Posted by James Newton
Ready to take the crown?
So far we've seen some decent attempts at PlayStation Move tennis games, but neither Virtua Tennis 4 nor Top Spin 4 quite hit the mark. Now EA Sports is hoping to get in the game with Grand Slam Tennis 2.
The newly announced game continues from Grand Slam Tennis on Wii by including licensed tournaments including Wimbledon and the French Open and a roster of 20 players, including ever-vocal umpire-basher John McEnroe.
Of course we're most interested in the game's PlayStation Move controls, and as its Wii predecessor was one of the first games to make use of Wii MotionPlus we're hoping EA can cook up something seriously impressive for Move in 2012.
EA SPORTS GRAND SLAM® TENNIS 2 COMES
Only Next Generation Tennis Video Game Franchise to Feature Famed Wimbledon Courts
Guildford, UK., – August 11, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., announced today that the EA SPORTS™ tennis simulation video game, EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2, will be entering the high definition era for the first time and will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support of the PlayStation® Move controller. EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will feature all four Grand Slam® championships and is the only game to feature Wimbledon. Players can experience the thrill of serving up aces on Wimbledon’s prestigious Centre Court or hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open. In addition, the game features a deep roster of elite past and present players and will be coming worldwide in 2012.
“We are very excited to bring the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and leverage the graphical power of these high definition consoles,” said Line Producer Thomas Singleton. “Players will now get to experience the excitement and drama of serving it up on famous tennis venues such as Wimbledon’s famed Centre Court.”
Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
· All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top!
· Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise – Wimbledon.
· PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
· Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam® tournament John McEnroe.
· Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there’s never a dull moment!
· ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
· Deep Tennis Experience: Play countless hours of tennis in Play Now mode – singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.