No big release is complete these days without a pre-order bonus and array of special editions, and Sony Europe has just announced the giveaways for Resistance 3, due to land in Europe in September.
The following bonuses are available for customers who pre-order at various outlets, along with the official descriptions from Sony:
- SRPA Black Ops skin – "Once a common sight in the war against the Chimera, this special SRPA Black Ops multiplayer skin lets you return to the battlefield as one of the most mysterious and deadly soldiers from Resistance 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man."
- Infected Nathan Hale skin – "By skipping his viral inhibitor treatment throughout Resistance 2, Nathan Hale fell victim to the deadly Chimera virus. Now you can resurrect the fallen hero with this special multiplayer character skin."
- Air Fuel grenade — "Equip Joseph Capelli with an explosive advantage as he embarks on his journey across America. This exclusive grenade releases a cloud of highly flammable vapour, creating a huge blast when ignited – perfect for taking out hordes of Chimera in tight urban spaces."
- Special multiplayer title: “Sentinel” — Pledge your allegiance to the elite unit of the SRPA – the Sentinels – with this multiplayer title, exclusive to pre-order customers.
- Multiplayer booster — "Get an early advantage on the multiplayer battlefield by starting the fight at level 5 – and gain access to a range of character and weapon customisation options."
- Chimera tooth necklace — "Show your support for the resistance by wearing Joseph Capelli’s Chimera tooth necklace."
As if that weren't enough Resistance-related bonuses, Sony has also announced two limited editions that will release alongside the standard game in early September.
The Special Edition contains all the above pre-order content, is packed in a steelbook case and comes on a Blu-ray disc that looks like a vinyl record, which is unusual to say the least. However, it's the Survivor Edition that most excites.
Alongside all the above content, purchasers will also get a canvas bag, Chimera target practice poster, playing cards, Joseph Capelli's journal, hip flask and playing cards, the best part has to be the Chimera plastic toy soldiers.
No word on quite how much this whole set will cost, but it would be wise to start saving up now.
Resistance 3 reaches North America on 6th September, mainland Europe on 7th September and the UK and Ireland on 9th September.