9% sure we'll know a little more about the direction of Sony Computer Entertainment's handheld strategy. At 3PM JST Sony's scheduled an event in Tokyo, Japan deemed "PlayStation Meeting 2011". Last time Sony held a PlayStation Meeting (in 2005), details of the PS3 were revealed. With the 3DS months away from general release, it would be a fitting time to reveal plans about the PlayStation Portable's successor.
Top journalists around the globe have been shipped off to Sony's super secret event in Japan. This is almost certainly going to be result in massive news. Naturally we'll be around to guide you through the announcements as they break. We've included a handy time guide after the jump, as well as a collection of everything we know up to this point.
Brace yourself folks. If we're on the money, tomorrow morning is going to be huge.
East Coast: 1 AM, Jan. 27
West Coast: 10 PM, Jan 26
Japan: 3 PM, Jan. 27
England: 6 AM, Jan 27
Sydney, Australia: 5 PM, Jan. 27
The Story So Far:
- Sony's Showing PSP2 To Publishers, Has Touch Sensitive Controls On The Reverse Of The Unit
- How Do You Fancy Another PSP2 Rumour?
- PSP2 To Release Holiday 2011 Claims British Source
- Sony To Pull The Plug On PSP Development Kits
- PSP2 Set To Launch In Fall 2011, Has Larger "HD" Screen
- Sony In "Super Powerful" Hardware Shocker, PSP2 Set To Rival XBOX 360 For Horsepower
- EA's Had "Exposure" To Unannounced PSP2
- Behaviour Interactive Hints At Involvement With The PSP2
- First Shots Of The PSP2's Development Unit Hit The 'Net
- PSP2 Visuals Comparable To Early PS3 Titles
- Uncharted For The "Very Powerful" PlayStation Portable 2 In Development
- Sony To Announce The PSP2 In Tokyo On January 27th
- PSP2 "As Powerful As PS3" According To Sony, Could Be Out By October
- PSP2 To Be Announced At Japanese PlayStation Meeting On January 27th
- Nikkei Pin OLED Touchscreen & 3G Functionality To The Mounting PSP2 Rumours
- PlayStation Meeting Kicks Off 3PM JST This Thursday
- Codemasters Boss Backs PSP2 Power Rumours
- PSP2 Longer Than Current Device But Not As Wide, Possible Specifications Leaked