Tons of Great Third Party Games Out Next Year, says Sony

Posted by James Newton

Hoping to redress the imbalance

You need only look at our PlayStation Move games list to see that the lion's share of support for the controller is coming from Sony itself, with no fewer than 26 games either released or officially announced. Sony's line-up accounts for nearly half of the currently-known Move titles, but that's not always going to be the case, says Sony.

Peter Dille, Sony's senior vice president of marketing, has assured Move owners that the relative lack of third-party support is only temporary, with titles on the way next year.

What our third-party publisher guys told me is, it was at that point in time when they said we need to redouble our efforts on this platform and invest more. What that means is, if you’re making those decisions in the summer, you’re not going to see that content for Christmas. The good news is, it means the consumer will see a bunch of great third-party games, post-Christmas and into next year.

Although Dille didn't go into too much detail about third-party games, with heavyweight publishers such as Sega, EA, Konami and Ubisoft all bringing brand new titles next year this is just the tip of the Move iceberg.

What third-party games are you looking forward to in the future?

[via siliconera.com]

Alessa

Alessa said:

Tiger Woods '11, if it's built from the ground up for Move it should be good. There's a lot of games that could use the Move but I just don't want bad mini games collections and shovelware.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Sony has always had great third party support and I'm sure they have already jumped on Move already. Move exclusive PSN games in the likes of Tumble is what i want more of.

Swolern

Swolern said:

Number one on my list and most others is Metal Gear: Rising. Slice and dice baby!

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@Swolern..... Im right there with you my friend. I cant wait to get my hands on that one and Im really hoping for Move controls in the game.

kiddudu

kiddudu said:

I would hope for swords games Zelda style... and hardcore shooting games too!

James

James said:

Killzone 3 should be right up your street then :) I'd also like a swordfighting game, maybe not Zelda-style but something equally stylish. TBH I'd be happy with a Rage of the Gladiator-style PSN download as that game was ace.