Release Confusion Finally Resolved, Gamers May Now Rest Easy

Posted by James Newton

The truth finally uncovered

We already reported the ongoing confusion surrounding PlayStation Move's launch date, and finally after a lot of journalistic rooting around and emails back-and-forth we've put the issue to bed.

The confusion lay in the fact that Sony classes Europe as a separate territory to the UK, hence the conflicting dates. Here, for the record, are the official launch dates for Europe, UK and North America.

North America: Sunday, September 19th.
Mainland Europe: Wednesday, September 15th.
Australia and New Zealand: Thursday, September 16th.
United Kingdom: Friday, September 17th.

You can read our North American PlayStation Move launch extravaganza and motherlode of European PlayStation Move launch information to satiate your lust for all things factual.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Hmm, that is interesting. I'm still a bit confused by the release dates because Amazon has a countdown timer stating that the Move will be released on the 17th here in the US. However, the GameStop website lists Move as shipping on the 17th which means that they could be releasing it on the 19th. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

@R-L-A-George Are you kidding? iPad, iPhone, iPod... all of them where released at least a month later in Europe.

But I'm actually glad that it's being released so soon because then until I buy it There even might have been a slight price drop already (although I doubt it but maybe at least a better bundle than the starter pack with an actual game)

mairondil

mairondil said:

What bugs me is most of the launch titles have a release date of 9/7 (North America), and Gamestop.com has them available right now. The problem is my local Gamestop stores, as well as all my other local retailers aren't putting them on the shelves till the 17th.

I got 2 Move controllers from houseparty.com and I'm tired of playing the demo disk and want a real game!

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

Evidentially my sister was kind of wrong.......Ugh I forgot to be a little skeptical of what my sister says.

JamieOStaff

JamieO said:

Good stuff & cheers for specifying the date, James.

Roll on Friday 17th September... and have fun everyone in Mainland Europe, who is an early adopter. ;)