Board games have had a surprising renaissance in recent years. No longer are they an item collecting dust in your Nan's closet, but a fun and viable pastime. This has led to some video game developers capitalizing on this increased interest, producing titles that emulate the style of a board game. One of the most interesting of these is...
About The Game
Armello is a swashbuckling adventure that combines RPG elements with the strategic play of card and board games, creating a personal, story-fuelled experience.
You, play as a 'Hero' from one of the four animal clans: Rat, Rabbit, Bear or Wolf. Players navigate their fully animated 3D character across the board (procedurally generated from 3D hex tiles) as they quest, scheme, explore,Vanquish monsters, perform the Mad King's royal edicts, and face off against other players, with one ultimate end goal in mind — storming the palace and becoming King or Queen of Armello.
Armello is League of Geeks' attempt to revolutionise digital board and card games, whilst providing players a rich world within which they can craft their very own stories of epic adventure.
- Easy to Play but Hard to Master - Armello is an intuitive game, easy to pick up and experience but with deep and emergent strategy. Full release will include a tutorial mode.
- Fast and Thoughtful - Adventuring in Armello is fast-paced fun but filled with deadly tactical and politically complex decisions requiring careful forethought and planning.
- Multiple Playable Heroes - Full release will include 8 playable Heroes. Each unique Hero possess a special power, stat line and Ai personality. Also heroes can be customised with Amulet and Signet Ring load-outs to match your play style or counter an opponents strategy.
- Dynamic Sandbox - Armello features a gorgeous dynamic world which procedurally generates a new map each and every game, complete with a dynamic quest system ensuring no two games of Armello are ever the same.
- Turn-Based Day and Night Cycle - Armello features a fuzzy turn-based system, cycling between Day and Night phases. The fuzzy turns allow you to still play cards and do certain actions when its not your turn, and when it is you use Action Points to move around the hex board.
- World Class Music and Audio - By Michael Allen, internationally acclaimed artist Lisa Gerrard, Stephan Schutze and Jacek Tuschewski.
- Animated Cards - Armello will feature over a 120+ beautifully animated in-game Cards, from artists all over the world.
- True Tabletop Feel - We spent months making sure we cherry-picked the best parts of the tabletop experience, like our custom physics-based dice!