Forums

Topic: My Vita experience

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Realportugeezer

I got my Vita just over a week ago and thought I'd share my first impressions of the hardware and software. Feel free to provide feedback to my comments

The hardware itself is very impressive. I originally got myself a PSP 18 months after its initial launch and, although impressed by its near ps2 graphics, was annoyed by its bulk, weight and massive loading times (combined with the whirring noise of the flimsy UMDs).

The Vita is gorgeous! The touch screens work superbly, although the rear one should be used more in games due to its use not blocking the view of the screen. The OLED is sharp and demonstrates vibrant colours. The analogue sticks are a revelation, both in terms of having two sticks, but also in terms of being a leap year ahead of the PSP's effort.
The interface is slick and the PSstore actually feels organic and nowhere near as clunky as the effort on PSP.

Hardware wise I got a copy of Virtua Tennis with the Vita and it is superb. The graphics trump the ps3/360 version due to the brighter colours on screen, the animations are smooth and the various difficulty levels create thrilling and tight games. Definitely recommended for 20-25quid second hand. I haven't tried the online functionality yet though.

In terms of the PSstore sale recently, I got Daxter, God of War: Ghost of Sparta and Assassins Creed: Bloodlines for under £20.
I couldn't resist Daxter, seeming as it was one of the best PSP games. Glad to say it has aged well, the platforming is still superb and the Vita's big screen actually helps the visuals rather than showing its age.

God of war is still superb, no surprises here! A nice safe bet. Obviously nowhere near the ps3 releases which pushed the ps3 system so far but good fun for the train.

Assassin's Creed had mixed reviews at launch and you can see why. The mechanics of the game are pretty much the same as the original game for ps3. However, the unpredictable camera and 'automatic' climbing mechanics mean you have to play it a different way. It's a lot more stop-start than the console version though stopping to sort the camera out, but is in a word, FUN

Thought I'd share my experience with others and wondered if anyone else has some decent PSstore bargains to share. Cheers

Realportugeezer

KALofKRYPTON

Cool.

I'm still more than happy with my Vita.

My only real disappointment game-wise is my recently aquired F1 2011. It's a little bare, and very ugly. The racing is good though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Realportugeezer

I had a good look at getting F1 2011 but saw the footage of the game and thought it looked a bit of a rush job.
PSP graphics, slightly choppy framerate and suspect AI. Will be picking up F1 2012 if they address the problems and make a decent career mode as per the ps3 version though

Realportugeezer

guardianoftime

I underestimated the vita and thought it wasn't as good.
It turned out to be the ultimate gamers experience!

All fear the man who has nothing to loose

PSN: Haig-009

Mandoble

With Metal Gear HD I'm virtually allucinating. Hideo Kojima, what an incredible master of the video games he is (and underrated as well).

Mandoble

Slapshot
Marcus09

This is something I continue to hear over and over again.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

PSN: crossed23 | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON
Slapshot
Marcus09

This is something I continue to hear over and over again.

I had no doubt that the Vita would be a great machine, people tend to overlook the PSP in relation to Vita, It's the same market and the same audience. I loved my PSPs and had some amazing gaming on them. Still early days, but the Vita is delivering already. With the open nature of the platform and independant developers producing amazing titles (see Velocity) across the PlayStation family the only way is up!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rambo-Hamster

Recently got my Vita as well and I've only got one problem; I play it so much that I'm running out of games that interest me

Already blasted through U:GA, MNR:RT, GR, Disgaea 3, and a majority of Motorstorm. I'm a finicky gamer so games like Unit 13 and Escape Plan, while good games in their own right, simply don't pique my interest. Just sittin' on my hands, waiting for P4G and AC3:L.....

Ego Sum Rex
PSN: Rambo-Hamster
Lover of JRPGs/SRPGs, Spurs fan, and a PlayStation aficionado
Now Playing: Persona 3 Portable (Vita), Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (Vita), Hustle Kings (Vita)

playlikemario

i would just like to share my PS VITA experience:

i have had my vita for about two weeks now and i am impressed to say the least and there is still some features that i have yet to try out and i have been reading into some of these posts that people want the PS VITA to fail and i am sad to be reading these and i just want to say that those people that say these things ought to be ashamed of themselves and they should not bash the system if they own it. i mean everybody has a right to their own opinion and i am noone to censor anyone but people complain about bull that is out of their control and its just sad that people say these things about a system that for one just came out about 7 months ago and 2 the game library is small right now only because the game companies dont want to rush out their titles in case they fail. to sum it up there is potential for the PS VITA to grow and i dont read into all the bull that i see that PS VITA is not a superb handheld. i will wait patiently and reap the benifits of what it has to offer.

PSN: BiGjohnBlaze84

Edited on by playlikemario

PSN id: BiGjohnBlaze84 (come play)

Squiggle55

Wow that is quite a deal you got.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

KALofKRYPTON

I reaquired a Vita a few days ago, so glad I did.

Got the Black Ops pack- it's not really a game I'd go out of my way to recommend, but if you liked Unit 13 then think of it as an FPS version of that set up.

Playing Gravity Rush at the moment. It really is a wonderful game.

seeboss

I got a good gaming PC, xbox 360, tablet but right now I only play my Vita. I don't really get why people are bashing it. It got some good games and the hardware is great. I really look forward for this year, great games are coming.

seeboss

PSN: seldinhio

Squiggle55

Kal you ready to start up our chess match again?

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

KALofKRYPTON
Squiggle55

Ha, yes Squig, well- I will be when my 32GB card arrives and I can download everything again!

If it's not here by friday then I won't get it until the end of March- as I'm off down under

NathanUC
KALofKRYPTON
Squiggle55

Ha, yes Squig, well- I will be when my 32GB card arrives and I can download everything again!

If it's not here by friday then I won't get it until the end of March- as I'm off down under

You could always run a backup using your PS3 and just restore once you put the new card in. Even though they aren't the same size, as long as the new card is bigger than your old used when doing the backup, it works fine. You might already know this, but thought I'd let you know just in case as re-downloading a bunch of games is annoying.

As for my PSV Experience... it's really been almost everything I expected out of it. I would like more remote play and cross-play, but the titles have been extremely satisfying, the future looks good, and the device is awesome. I just want a stick larger than 32gb!

Edited on by NathanUC

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.