Forums

Topic: Sonic on PS Vita

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Oct 07, 2012

Why aren't there any Sonic games on PS Vita? I am a die hard Sonic fan, so don't make fun of me or the Sonic franchise please, Sonic fans only. Doesn't anyone else want Sonic on Sony's newest HD handheld? (I don't count Sonic Racing Transformed because it is a spin off and not an actual Sonic game.)
Game suggestions for Sonic on Vita:
Sonic Generations (Console version port, not 3DS port please!)
OR
Sonic 4 series (Episode I & Episode II)
OR
Sonic Genesis games (Sonic 1,2,3&K) and/or Sonic CD
OR
Sonic Adventure ports (Adventure & Adventure 2)
OR, and most preferably...
A PS Vita exclusive Sonic game made from scratch, the next portable Sonic game!
Does any one else agree with me? Tell me any suggestions you have in the comments below! And... HAPPY GAMING! big_smile
UPDATE: I have another game suggestion! Recently they announced a game called Sonic Jump for mobile devices... maybe they could release it on Playstation MObile on the PS Vita's Playstation Network! What do you guys think?

Last edited by MultiMariosonic (Oct 07, 2012)

Classic Sonic will always be the number 1 Sonic! I think Modern Sonic's great but will never beat my original Classic Sonic.
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

JaredJ
JaredJ

• Oct 07, 2012

I don't see any reason why all of these suggestions can't be on the Vita with cross play. That would be awesome!

Playstation Network: kcchiefsfan81

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Oct 07, 2012

Yeah! Or better yet maybe it could be on the PS Vita without the need for a PS3! But yeah that would be cool as well! Hey do you have any ideas for a Sonic game on PS Vita? I was thinking of sending some ideas to SEGA...

Last edited by MultiMariosonic (Oct 07, 2012)

Classic Sonic will always be the number 1 Sonic! I think Modern Sonic's great but will never beat my original Classic Sonic.

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Oct 08, 2012

I was a tiny bit surprised Sonic Adventure 2 and Nights weren't released for Vita since the new SEGA All-Stars Racing and Jet Set Radio were planned for Vita release.

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Oct 08, 2012

Yeah, me too... oh well. Maybe another day, right? wink

Pichuka97
Pichuka97

• Oct 10, 2012

Im still waiting for a more meaty Sonic game on 3DS. I am still playing Generations on 3DS though. They should make a new Adventure game for 3DS. As for Vita, I think they will make a Rivals 3 though I would also love to see that come to 3DS. smile

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Oct 10, 2012

Maybe... I was never a fan of the Rivals series, though. Maybe just a new Sonic adventure, with just the classic trio... Sonic, Tails, and Knucklehead! (And Amy, too. What? Is it wrong for a guy to want Amy to be playable?) smile

Sanquine
Sanquine

• Oct 10, 2012

Rather have shenmue on the vita:D

PSNid= Sanquine90

Realportugeezer
Realportugeezer

• Oct 12, 2012

I'd be adding Sonic Heroes to the wishlist as well just for the nostagia

Realportugeezer
ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Oct 19, 2012

I just want a good Sonic platformer on my Vita. smile Sonic Heroes would be awesome, but I would like something new.

Knux
Knux

• Oct 19, 2012

Just as long as it's actually something amazing and new. I don't want another Rivals game either (unless it has online multiplayer).

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

IAmNotWill
IAmNotWill

• Oct 19, 2012

We don't need anymore bad Sonic games.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Oct 19, 2012

Well, Sonic games were probably condidered "bad" about 3 years ago but ever since Sonic 4 and Sonic Generations came out, he's had nothing but good games. By the way, her name is Samus, not Metroid, and it's a girl, not a boy. Not trying to be mean, I'm only putting it out there, fellow gamer. smile

IAmNotWill
IAmNotWill

• Oct 20, 2012

Lol only kidding.

And that was the joke of my signature. I have Samus as my avatar after all, I can tell she's a girl.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

WispMetas
katsagu

• Oct 21, 2012

Well, i love sonic tooooo *.*
But since i dont have a vita, i wouldnt like an exclusive >=(
But something like sonic generations, but without the classic sonic, with full new lvls. But im afraid it would become repetitive with only the modern sonic gameplay, but it would be fun since i preffer the modern to classic lvls on generations.
If not this, they should change the game mode, not making speedrun lvls, and changing back to sonic adventure style ^^

3ds friend code - 4339 - 2952 - 2000T

hydeks
hydeks

• Oct 21, 2012

I would love to see all those Sonic games on there, but the vita hasn't been out too long so we'll probably have to wait a bit for a REAL Sonic game tongue

But till then, Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 for psp on the psn network is the only choice you have for sonic games, and Sega Genesis Collection for PSP on psn is great cause it comes with Sonic 1 & 2.

hydeks
ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Nov 27, 2012

New Sonic games were announced for 2013. Get ready. smile

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Jan 25, 2013

A new rumored Sonic game is supposedly to be multiplatform, and as you might have guessed, one of those platforms will be the PS Vita. This is only a rumor for now but we'll find out if it's fake in Februrary, possibly on Groundhog Day! The wait may be over...

Last edited by MultiMariosonic (Jan 25, 2013)

KALofKRYPTON
KALofKRYPTON

• Jan 25, 2013
MultiMariosonic wrote:

A new rumored Sonic game is supposedly to be multiplatform, and as you might have guessed, one of those platforms will be the PS Vita. This is only a rumor for now but we'll find out if it's fake in Februrary, possibly on Groundhog Day! The wait may be over...

I'd lay money down now that it won't be as good as Generations.

Shame, but Generations is unique for me in that it's really very good, even in the 3D sections. Which I can't say for any Sonic game I've played after Sonic CD. I have a soft spot for Sonic Heroes, but that hardly counts!

KALofKRYPTON
NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Jan 27, 2013
KALofKRYPTON wrote:
MultiMariosonic wrote:

Shame, but Generations is unique for me in that it's really very good, even in the 3D sections. Which I can't say for any Sonic game I've played after Sonic CD. I have a soft spot for Sonic Heroes, but that hardly counts!

What did you think of Sonic Colors? I liked that one a lot personally.

If Sega really is making a new Sonic game for Vita, I hope it's Sonic Adventure 3 and 'open world' 3D (similar to SA2 levels). As much as I loved Generations, I noticed that I enjoyed the 3D levels far far far more than 2D.

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

Kage_88
Kage_88

• Jan 28, 2013

I don't know if SEGA would ever make a Vita-exclusive Sonic, considering the machine's current situation.

However, I do see them making a handheld port of the upcoming console titles...which would be pretty sweet, especially if it allowed cross-play functionality with the (hypothetical) PS3 version.

Either way, the Vita has enough juice to create a dazzling Sonic game.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

KALofKRYPTON
KALofKRYPTON

• Jan 28, 2013
nathanuc1988 wrote:
KALofKRYPTON wrote:
MultiMariosonic wrote:

What did you think of Sonic Colors? I liked that one a lot personally.

If Sega really is making a new Sonic game for Vita, I hope it's Sonic Adventure 3 and 'open world' 3D (similar to SA2 levels). As much as I loved Generations, I noticed that I enjoyed the 3D levels far far far more than 2D.

I never played Colors, I remember thinking that it looked better than most recent efforts.

The Sonic Adventure games really destroyed my enjoyment of Sonic games in general, Generations 3D sections are far better than Adventures for me. 'Open world' is a waste of time for Sonic, it really kills the application of speed, and even good platforming beyond 3D Mario tropes. I'm not saying you should know what's coming necessarily, but a largely linear path suits the game play that Sonic should present- fast and jumpy!

KALofKRYPTON
ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Jan 29, 2013

Colors was great. Sure, laugh, but I liked it even better than Genrations. smile
But yeah I hope they bring back Sonic Adventure gameplay. A livestream event is being held by Sonic Team on Groundhog Day so I think that rumor is true! big_smile
If they make the Vita version, I heard it'll be a direct port (besides slight graphical downgrade) so it'll be 3D gameplay ON THE GO!!!! I hope for Adventure gameplay but if it's Unleashed gameplay that's fine as long as it has lots of platforming like Sonic Colors, so it'll be like Unleashed gameplay but portable! But I really want Adventure gameplay! big_smile

Last edited by MultiMariosonic (Jan 29, 2013)

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Feb 20, 2013

To go with a new Sonic game on PS Vita (hopefully the next mainstream Sonic title, rumored to be Sonic Adventure 3) maybe another Sonic Classic Collection on PS Vita, and it could include Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic CD to go with Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Knuckles in Sonic 2. Maybe it could also feature multiplayer, character galleries, trophies, clips, music, art galleries, and a new Challenge Mode where you must take on a series of missions from different parts of each game, like: "Beat Palmtree Panic boss in 30 seconds" or "beat all enemies in Crazy Gadget" or "collect a Chaos Emerald in Special Stage 1 in Angel Island Zone Act I" and so on. Good idea huh? But I'd also like to see the next mainstream Sonic on Vita like I mentioned earlier, I mean a port of the actual home console game and not a lazy handheld version.

ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Mar 21, 2013

Sonic might finally be coming to PS Vita...
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/03/ … nouncement

No clue what it could be, but there's a chance it could be the next Sonic. Also, did you guys know a SOnic game was in development for Vita but was cancelled and Sega said they may continue it one day?

Board footer