Forums

Topic: Sonic on PS Vita

Posts 21 to 40 of 42

Kage_88

I don't know if SEGA would ever make a Vita-exclusive Sonic, considering the machine's current situation.

However, I do see them making a handheld port of the upcoming console titles...which would be pretty sweet, especially if it allowed cross-play functionality with the (hypothetical) PS3 version.

Either way, the Vita has enough juice to create a dazzling Sonic game.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

KALofKRYPTON
nathanuc1988
KALofKRYPTON
MultiMariosonic

A new rumored Sonic game is supposedly to be multiplatform, and as you might have guessed, one of those platforms will be the PS Vita. This is only a rumor for now but we'll find out if it's fake in Februrary, possibly on Groundhog Day! The wait may be over...

I'd lay money down now that it won't be as good as Generations.

Shame, but Generations is unique for me in that it's really very good, even in the 3D sections. Which I can't say for any Sonic game I've played after Sonic CD. I have a soft spot for Sonic Heroes, but that hardly counts!

What did you think of Sonic Colors? I liked that one a lot personally.

If Sega really is making a new Sonic game for Vita, I hope it's Sonic Adventure 3 and 'open world' 3D (similar to SA2 levels). As much as I loved Generations, I noticed that I enjoyed the 3D levels far far far more than 2D.

I never played Colors, I remember thinking that it looked better than most recent efforts.

The Sonic Adventure games really destroyed my enjoyment of Sonic games in general, Generations 3D sections are far better than Adventures for me. 'Open world' is a waste of time for Sonic, it really kills the application of speed, and even good platforming beyond 3D Mario tropes. I'm not saying you should know what's coming necessarily, but a largely linear path suits the game play that Sonic should present- fast and jumpy!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

SammyOfMobius

Colors was great. Sure, laugh, but I liked it even better than Genrations.
But yeah I hope they bring back Sonic Adventure gameplay. A livestream event is being held by Sonic Team on Groundhog Day so I think that rumor is true!
If they make the Vita version, I heard it'll be a direct port (besides slight graphical downgrade) so it'll be 3D gameplay ON THE GO!!!! I hope for Adventure gameplay but if it's Unleashed gameplay that's fine as long as it has lots of platforming like Sonic Colors, so it'll be like Unleashed gameplay but portable! But I really want Adventure gameplay!

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SammyOfMobius

To go with a new Sonic game on PS Vita (hopefully the next mainstream Sonic title, rumored to be Sonic Adventure 3) maybe another Sonic Classic Collection on PS Vita, and it could include Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic CD to go with Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Knuckles in Sonic 2. Maybe it could also feature multiplayer, character galleries, trophies, clips, music, art galleries, and a new Challenge Mode where you must take on a series of missions from different parts of each game, like: "Beat Palmtree Panic boss in 30 seconds" or "beat all enemies in Crazy Gadget" or "collect a Chaos Emerald in Special Stage 1 in Angel Island Zone Act I" and so on. Good idea huh? But I'd also like to see the next mainstream Sonic on Vita like I mentioned earlier, I mean a port of the actual home console game and not a lazy handheld version.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

SammyOfMobius

Sonic might finally be coming to PS Vita...
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/03/ … nouncement

No clue what it could be, but there's a chance it could be the next Sonic. Also, did you guys know a SOnic game was in development for Vita but was cancelled and Sega said they may continue it one day?

NathanUC

Nope just some Soccer Manager game probably Check back now and you'll clearly see a soccer ball.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

GingaNinja3211

You know what would be awesome? Sonic '06!! It would be great!! Especially if it's just a port! They don't need to remake it! It would make a great game greater! Thumbs up if agree! Like favorite and subcribe!!!

GingaNinja3211

SammyOfMobius
GingaNinja3211

You know what would be awesome? Sonic '06!! It would be great!! Especially if it's just a port! They don't need to remake it! It would make a great game greater! Thumbs up if agree! Like favorite and subcribe!!!

Um, no offence, but most people hated that game. Just sayin'.
(Unless you're being sarcastic, which is what it sounds like.)

Sanquine
ClassicSonicFan
GingaNinja3211

Are you that YouTube guy? I watch them very often funny but also honest opinion.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Epic

Sonic Adventure 2 would be perfect for Vita.
Its addictive collection all those emblems one by one and is one of the best Sonic games around.

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

SammyOfMobius
Sanquine
ClassicSonicFan
GingaNinja3211

Are you that YouTube guy? I watch them very often funny but also honest opinion.

I don't know who "that YouTube guy" is. Be more specific.

SammyOfMobius
Epic

Its addictive collection all those emblems one by one and is one of the best Sonic games around.

That's what I'm thinking. Especially since they released Jet Set Radio on PS Vita, yet no Sonic Adventure 2 for Vita. And in all honesty, Sonic Adventure 2 is much better than Jet Set Radio. Plus, Sonic Adventure 2 would just be a good fit for Vita.

rastamadeus
ClassicSonicFan
Epic

That's what I'm thinking. Especially since they released Jet Set Radio on PS Vita, yet no Sonic Adventure 2 for Vita. And in all honesty, Sonic Adventure 2 is much better than Jet Set Radio. Plus, Sonic Adventure 2 would just be a good fit for Vita.

Woah! Hold on. Lets not say anything stupid. Sonic Adventure 2 (specifically SA2 Battle) is a damn fine game, second only to Sonic Generations for his 3D games) but better than Jet Set Radio? Good heavens, no. You think of the Dreamcast - and Sega in the late '90s/early '00s - and JSR is one of the first games you think of. Shenmue, NiGHTS, Virtua Fighter 3 and JSR.  You only think of the two Sonic's if you are a Sonic fan.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

Sanquine
ClassicSonicFan
Sanquine
ClassicSonicFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeaBxx_fMwc

Good video's ! At that age ^^ Im impressed ! You got a squicky voice but the points you make are so valid! Kid you are good

PSNid= Sanquine90

SammyOfMobius
Sanquine
ClassicSonicFan
Sanquine

Good video's ! At that age ^^ Im impressed ! You got a squicky voice but the points you make are so valid! Kid you are good

Yes that's me. I know my voice is a bit high and I can be aggressive at times, but I mean well.

SammyOfMobius
rastamadeus
ClassicSonicFan
Epic

Woah! Hold on. Lets not say anything stupid. Sonic Adventure 2 (specifically SA2 Battle) is a damn fine game, second only to Sonic Generations for his 3D games) but better than Jet Set Radio? Good heavens, no. You think of the Dreamcast - and Sega in the late '90s/early '00s - and JSR is one of the first games you think of. Shenmue, NiGHTS, Virtua Fighter 3 and JSR.  You only think of the two Sonic's if you are a Sonic fan.

No, I know of Dreamcast's other essentials. And, I'm just speaking my opinion. My opinion is: Sonic Adventure 2 > Jet Set Radio. If you like JSR better than SA2, then fine by me. And NiGHTS was for Sega Saturn, not Dreamcast.

Sanquine
ClassicSonicFan
Sanquine
ClassicSonicFan

Yes that's me. I know my voice is a bit high and I can be aggressive at times, but I mean well.

Don't worry im also some times aggresssive. Your videos are awesome keep them coming. Grtz from a fan

PSNid= Sanquine90

rastamadeus
ClassicSonicFan
rastamadeus
ClassicSonicFan

No, I know of Dreamcast's other essentials. And, I'm just speaking my opinion. My opinion is: Sonic Adventure 2 > Jet Set Radio. If you like JSR better than SA2, then fine by me. And NiGHTS was for Sega Saturn, not Dreamcast.

Where did I say NiGHTS was for Dreamcast? I said when you think of Sega in the late '90s/early '00s those are the main games that come to mind.

MadchesterManc

The Sonic Adventure games are not better than Jet Set Radio. Any die-hard SEGA fan will tell you the exact same thing. @rastamadeus is right when it concerns SEGA's franchises during the Saturn & Dreamcast era's, The Sonic games weren't memorable at that time. If you go back to the Mega Drive/Master System, sure, they were top-notch games back then n just thinking about em makes me get all nostalgic n run home to set up my Mega Drive But during the 3D era, not so much. I actually didnt like either Sonic Adventure game on the Dreamcast. I played them just because they were Sonic games n they'd barely scrape a 7/10 for me. Much better games available on the Dreamcast. I know @ClassicSonicFan your a Sonic fan but most SEGA fans like myself who have been with SEGA for 20+ years will more than likely tell you the same thing. Its good you enjoy the classic Sonic tho, everyone deos   At least we can take solace in the fact that SEGA finally come good with the awesome Sonic Generations Im actually considering getting it on 3DS I enjoyed it on Ps3 so much.

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

rastamadeus
MadchesterManc

The Sonic Adventure games are not better than Jet Set Radio. Any die-hard SEGA fan will tell you the exact same thing. @rastamadeus is right when it concerns SEGA's franchises during the Saturn & Dreamcast era's, The Sonic games weren't memorable at that time. If you go back to the Mega Drive/Master System, sure, they were top-notch games back then n just thinking about em makes me get all nostalgic n run home to set up my Mega Drive But during the 3D era, not so much. I actually didnt like either Sonic Adventure game on the Dreamcast. I played them just because they were Sonic games n they'd barely scrape a 7/10 for me. Much better games available on the Dreamcast. I know @ClassicSonicFan your a Sonic fan but most SEGA fans like myself who have been with SEGA for 20+ years will more than likely tell you the same thing. Its good you enjoy the classic Sonic tho, everyone deos   At least we can take solace in the fact that SEGA finally come good with the awesome Sonic Generations Im actually considering getting it on 3DS I enjoyed it on Ps3 so much.

It wasn't very good on 3DS, sadly. A bit too slow. Was good to see some classic bosses though like 'ol big hands from Sonic 3. Sonic Lost World though (on both Wii U and 3DS) looks fabulous. Still reckon Nintendo are making it rather than Sonic Team though.
   Disagree that SA2B wasn't memorable though, it's a till a great game. The Sonic and Shadow levels are up their with the best moments in Sonic to me, the problem is the Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rogue stages dragged them down to not being as revered as games like JSR. And I'd like to add Super Monkey Ball - remember the first time you played that game? What an absolute joy.

Oh, @ClassicSonicFan, my last message to you came off like I was snapping when I wasn't, just so there's no wrong feelings.

Edited on by rastamadeus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.