Forums

Topic: PS3 12 GB question!!!!

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

WispMetas

Hey people
I wanted to ask a question X)
So, i saw this 12 GB ps3, and i wanted to buy it, but then i noticed that the space is really low, but what i wanted to ask you is... Could i still play disc games on it if i had lots? Imagine i had 15 discs already played in that ps3 could i play more?
Sorry if the question is hard to understand XD I dont really know how to explain it lol

3ds friend code - 4339 - 2952 - 2000T

Splat

It depends on the game really. I mean some games take little to no space and others like Skyrim take 5 GB's on the install even with the disc.

I would recommend getting a PS3 but wouldn't recommend getting the 12 GB one unless you upgrade the HD.

I got the 160 GB model a year ago and I'm all ready down to 18 GB's. That said I have about 15 games downloaded which kills your HD space fast.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

NathanUC

I would strongly recommend you either upgrade the hard drive or purchase one with a larger space.

You'd run into an endless battle for space because many games have a data install that takes 2-8gb alone. You could always delete these files once you're done with a game, but it would be highly annoying  unless you sit and play a game start to end and never expect to play it again.

It might not apply for you or others, but limiting yourself to disc only games puts a huge barrier on the PS3 library. So many excellent titles are download only! Everyone I know with a Vita has already upgraded to a 16 or 32gb memory stick. I cannot imagine a PS3 with so little

ALL THAT BEING SAID: If you can get a really good deal on that 12gb one.. you should strongly consider purchasing a hard drive to install yourself. You can get huge amounts of storage for dirt cheap on sites like newegg.com

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Ginkgo

Was regularly running out of room on my 320GB PS3, so I have just upgraded it to 1TB. Grand Tourismo 5 alone is an 11GB install if you include the car data.

You will use up 12GB very quickly, unless you buy an external drive or update the internal one. You can always delete the game data after you have played a game, but then if you go back to it you have to reinstall it as well as re-download any patches and DLC etc. You don't have to pay for DLC again, but it is very painful when you just want to play.

I can help you on the hard drive install if you decide to go that way.

Edited on by Ginkgo

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

HackedOff12GB

Do not under any circumstances buy the 12GB unless you plan on upgrading it.  You cannot download games from PSN as you won't have enough space.  And darling Sony will not refund you either.  I bought a 9GB game for a friend who has the 12 GB machine, it will not work and Sony tell me it is my fault.  What a crap product, Sony and even worse customer service.  Not to worry though I am simply going to waste their resources and post negative comments about these con artists until they change their policy.  They can see the game has not downloaded so no value has been received.  But hey, it is the consumer's fault.  I don't think so, Sony!

HackedOff12GB

NathanUC
HackedOff12GB

Do not under any circumstances buy the 12GB unless you plan on upgrading it.  You cannot download games from PSN as you won't have enough space.  And darling Sony will not refund you either.  I bought a 9GB game for a friend who has the 12 GB machine, it will not work and Sony tell me it is my fault.  What a crap product, Sony and even worse customer service.  Not to worry though I am simply going to waste their resources and post negative comments about these con artists until they change their policy.  They can see the game has not downloaded so no value has been received.  But hey, it is the consumer's fault.  I don't think so, Sony!

To be very fair, they tell you the size of the game before you actually pay/buy it. I'm not sure how it could be considered their fault if a game is purchased with not enough space left on the hdd.

Don't worry THAT much though. You could easily buy a 250gb+ hard drive for about $50 (or a smarter option would be to buy a 500gb+ for around $70).

My 640gb drive JUST filled up due to this sale lol. I had to delete a few game installs that I don't play anymore and uninstall a handful of demos. I'm hoping the space I cleared can last me until PS4 :>

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

PorllM
HackedOff12GB

It is your fault, it tells you how much space you have left, how much the game will take, and whether you will be able to download it BEFORE any payment is taken.

PorllM

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.