Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,674

Splat

Started Darksiders and enjoying it so far. They obviously "borrowed" somethings from God of War but that doesn't bother me since I'm a GOW fan.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

JayArr

Lollipops Chainsaw (Hard)
Unchared 2 (Crushing)

.....also about to be firing up Darksiders.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

PSN: JR_Smitty

NathanUC
Blaze

I've just started playing Demon's Souls. It's a lot of fun, but perhaps not as good as Dark Souls. Still pretty awesome though.

Odd, I feel the opposite! I think it's a far better game personally. I started playing it again since the launch on PSN too. I was trying to see how far I could get being soul level 20... I made it to NG+ but having some problems with a couple bosses. I'll probably cave and spend my 2.2 million souls

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Splat

I was really enjoying Darksiders in till I got to The Black Throne and the game turned in to a puzzle fest...

Ginkgo

Been playing the Walking Dead series, which is great.

The most interesting thing about it is the choices you are forced to make and then you see stats at the end of each season comparing how you chose vs the general population. You almost "learn a little about yourself". How far are you willing to go? How ruthless are you willing to be?

I think the mechanism works because you are looking after a little girl, Clementine, who sees everything you do. If you play a monster, she will know. If you aren't willing to be when necessary people get hurt or worse.

Its fascinating self discovery.

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

Kage_88

Playing DmC.

It's pretty darn great, if I do say so myself.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

Splat
Splat

I was really enjoying Darksiders in till I got to The Black Throne and the game turned in to a puzzle fest...

Finally got past this chapter which is great because it was driving me nuts.

@Ginkgo - TWD was great. It gets to the point were there are no good or bad choices just choices. I can't wait for season 2.

Gamer83

Just started LBP Karting. It's pretty fun, I wouldn't put it up there with Mario Kart or Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed but considering it was only $10 that was too good to pass up.

Gamer83

ztpayne7

Finished Mass Effect last night - enjoyed it much more than what I played of the second.  Even though it's much less polished, I think I just needed the storyline of the first to get me into the series.

Trying to decide what to play next - restart mass effect 2? Darksiders? Bioshock 2? One of the games in the 13 for '13 sale? There's just so many options...

ztpayne7

Splat

@Gamer83 - Pretty much my thoughts on LBP Karting. I think some reviewers were a little to harsh with it.

@ztpayne7 - I think you will enjoy ME2 more now. Having a connection with some characters going in helps with the experience. ME2 is still my favorite of the ME games.

Outside of one chapter I have enjoyed Darksiders.

Edited on by Splat

JayArr

@Splat -  Take it you didn't like Portal then?    =P

Just beat Darksiders.   Played through on Apocalyptic my first run.    Wasn't even really hard for anyone considering it.     Even though the game blatantly robs a lot of other games I think it was amazing.   Loved the story/setting and  I'm picking up the sequel very soon now.

Splat
JayArr

@Splat -  Take it you didn't like Portal then?    =P

Never played it.

The Black Throne was the only part I didn't like about Darksiders. The combat,story and setting were good. They didn't even try to hide the fact that they "borrowed" from GOW but I didn't mind it was still fun.

Edited on by Splat

JayArr

I only ask because the Voidwalker was a direct rip off of the game Portal they even stole the Orange/Blue colors for each portal.  The puzzles were exactly the same too so I blazed through the Black Throne.    I could see how it would completely wreck the tempo of the game for you though.

Splat

I think I'm going to end up getting more playing time out of LBP Karting than I did out of LBP 1 and 2.

Gamer83

I've already sunk more time into LBP Karting than I did 1 and 2 combined, the game is definitely better than I anticipated.

Gamer83

ztpayne7

Taking @Splat's recommendation and giving Mass effect 2 another shot. I like it a lot more with the history behind it now and it's so much more polished than 1. Also, watching my fiancée play the walking dead.

ztpayne7

Splat
ztpayne7

Taking @Splat's recommendation and giving Mass effect 2 another shot. I like it a lot more with the history behind it now and it's so much more polished than 1. Also, watching my fiancée play the walking dead.

Yeah, like I said before ME2 is easily my favorite of the series. TWD is also a great game.

SilentJ

I was going to play Darksiders but I got sucked into Assassin's Creed 2.  I held off on playing it this long because I thought the first one was too boring and repetitive.  AC2 is a major improvement though.  Assassin's Creed 1 almost feels like a really long demo compared the greatness of AC2.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Jaz007

Ni no Kuni, Great game.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic