Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

turtlelink
turtlelink

• Jan 12, 2013

Persona 4 Arena.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

KALofKRYPTON
KALofKRYPTON

• Jan 14, 2013

Tried Dust 514 again over the weekend, it's still a bit crap, so threw Unreal Tournament 3 in.
Still so good, and still a few players about.

KALofKRYPTON
SilentJ
SilentJ

• Jan 15, 2013

Still grinding towards the "All the Things" trophy in Jetpack Joyride.

Tomorrow I will be playing Darksiders.  big_smile

Last edited by SilentJ (Jan 15, 2013)

PSN ID : MrPink78

Splat
Splat

• Jan 15, 2013
SilentJ wrote:

Still grinding towards the "All the Things" trophy in Jetpack Joyride.

Tomorrow I will be playing Darksiders.  big_smile

Me to. smile

I also need the "Fly over 5kms" trophy. I've got over 4000 a hand full of times but never 5000. sad The rest of the trophies were pretty easy.

I have been meaning to play Darksides for awhile so getting it off PS+ is awesome.

Last edited by Splat (Jan 15, 2013)

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Jan 16, 2013

Sucked back into the KZ franchise. I sold my old copies of 2 and 3 and  bought that Killzone Trilogy + camo controller bundle on Black Friday for like $20.

Finished Killzone 1 for the first time and thought the gameplay/story was pretty cool. It definitely shows it's age, but it had a few cool elements. (Only 1 play-through away from plat too!)

I've not touched Killzone 2 since the first year I had my PS2, but I'm hoping there's still enough people playing it online that I can get the weekly top 1% trophy (my brother still taunts me for having it while I don't).

Just finished Killzone 3 on elite before work today. I still have to go back and do the first and second level for the elite trophy. After that, it's clean up and a platinum on that too!

Last edited by nathanuc1988 (Jan 16, 2013)

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

Splat
Splat

• Jan 16, 2013

Started Darksiders and enjoying it so far. They obviously "borrowed" somethings from God of War but that doesn't bother me since I'm a GOW fan.

JayArr
JayArr

• Jan 17, 2013

Lollipops Chainsaw (Hard)
Unchared 2 (Crushing)

.....also about to be firing up Darksiders.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Blaze
Blaze

• Jan 18, 2013

I've just started playing Demon's Souls. It's a lot of fun, but perhaps not as good as Dark Souls. Still pretty awesome though.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Jan 19, 2013
Blaze wrote:

I've just started playing Demon's Souls. It's a lot of fun, but perhaps not as good as Dark Souls. Still pretty awesome though.

Odd, I feel the opposite! I think it's a far better game personally. I started playing it again since the launch on PSN too. I was trying to see how far I could get being soul level 20... I made it to NG+ but having some problems with a couple bosses. I'll probably cave and spend my 2.2 million souls

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

Splat
Splat

• Jan 19, 2013

I was really enjoying Darksiders in till I got to The Black Throne and the game turned in to a puzzle fest...

Ginkgo
Ginkgo

• Jan 20, 2013

Been playing the Walking Dead series, which is great.

The most interesting thing about it is the choices you are forced to make and then you see stats at the end of each season comparing how you chose vs the general population. You almost "learn a little about yourself". How far are you willing to go? How ruthless are you willing to be?

I think the mechanism works because you are looking after a little girl, Clementine, who sees everything you do. If you play a monster, she will know. If you aren't willing to be when necessary people get hurt or worse.

Its fascinating self discovery.

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

Kage_88
Kage_88

• Jan 21, 2013

Playing DmC.

It's pretty darn great, if I do say so myself.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

Splat
Splat

• Jan 22, 2013
Splat wrote:

I was really enjoying Darksiders in till I got to The Black Throne and the game turned in to a puzzle fest...

Finally got past this chapter which is great because it was driving me nuts.

@Ginkgo - TWD was great. It gets to the point were there are no good or bad choices just choices. I can't wait for season 2.

Gamer83
Gamer83

• Jan 23, 2013

Just started LBP Karting. It's pretty fun, I wouldn't put it up there with Mario Kart or Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed but considering it was only $10 that was too good to pass up.

Gamer83
ztpayne7
ztpayne7

• Jan 23, 2013

Finished Mass Effect last night - enjoyed it much more than what I played of the second.  Even though it's much less polished, I think I just needed the storyline of the first to get me into the series.

Trying to decide what to play next - restart mass effect 2? Darksiders? Bioshock 2? One of the games in the 13 for '13 sale? There's just so many options...

ztpayne7
Splat
Splat

• Jan 23, 2013

@Gamer83 - Pretty much my thoughts on LBP Karting. I think some reviewers were a little to harsh with it.

@ztpayne7 - I think you will enjoy ME2 more now. Having a connection with some characters going in helps with the experience. ME2 is still my favorite of the ME games.

Outside of one chapter I have enjoyed Darksiders.

Last edited by Splat (Jan 23, 2013)

JayArr
JayArr

• Jan 24, 2013

@Splat -  Take it you didn't like Portal then?    =P

Just beat Darksiders.   Played through on Apocalyptic my first run.    Wasn't even really hard for anyone considering it.     Even though the game blatantly robs a lot of other games I think it was amazing.   Loved the story/setting and  I'm picking up the sequel very soon now.

Splat
Splat

• Jan 24, 2013
JayArr wrote:

@Splat -  Take it you didn't like Portal then?    =P

Never played it.

The Black Throne was the only part I didn't like about Darksiders. The combat,story and setting were good. They didn't even try to hide the fact that they "borrowed" from GOW but I didn't mind it was still fun.

Last edited by Splat (Jan 24, 2013)

JayArr
JayArr

• Jan 24, 2013

I only ask because the Voidwalker was a direct rip off of the game Portal they even stole the Orange/Blue colors for each portal.  The puzzles were exactly the same too so I blazed through the Black Throne.    I could see how it would completely wreck the tempo of the game for you though.

Splat
Splat

• Jan 26, 2013

I think I'm going to end up getting more playing time out of LBP Karting than I did out of LBP 1 and 2.

Gamer83
Gamer83

• Jan 26, 2013

I've already sunk more time into LBP Karting than I did 1 and 2 combined, the game is definitely better than I anticipated.

Gamer83
ztpayne7
ztpayne7

• Jan 28, 2013

Taking @Splat's recommendation and giving Mass effect 2 another shot. I like it a lot more with the history behind it now and it's so much more polished than 1. Also, watching my fiancée play the walking dead.

ztpayne7
Splat
Splat

• Jan 28, 2013
ztpayne7 wrote:

Taking @Splat's recommendation and giving Mass effect 2 another shot. I like it a lot more with the history behind it now and it's so much more polished than 1. Also, watching my fiancée play the walking dead.

Yeah, like I said before ME2 is easily my favorite of the series. TWD is also a great game. smile

SilentJ
SilentJ

• Jan 29, 2013

I was going to play Darksiders but I got sucked into Assassin's Creed 2.  I held off on playing it this long because I thought the first one was too boring and repetitive.  AC2 is a major improvement though.  Assassin's Creed 1 almost feels like a really long demo compared the greatness of AC2.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Jaz007
Jaz007

• Jan 29, 2013

Ni no Kuni, Great game.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

Board footer