Forums

Topic: PSP Download: Sonic Rivals or Sonic Rivals 2

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

SammyOfMobius

Hey guys, I'm getting a $20 PSN card soon and I am planning to get Ape Escape: On the Loose, and am deciding between Sonic Rivals or Sonic Rivals 2. Which is the better game? I hear Rivals 2 has more improvements over the first Sonic Rivals, but has additions and other things that made the game worse. And the reviews don't say which title is better, so can anyone help a guy out? Please?
EDIT: Do not post any comments saying "just don't buy either comments" please? Just please tell me which one is better?

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Ron_DelVillano

Neither are really that great. You should watch plenty of gameplay videos for both before you decide whether or not they seem like the kind of game you'd be interested in playing.

Nintendo Life staff

I co-host a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I write/draw a daily webcomic about a werewolf in high school named Duane.

PSN: derBesen | Twitter:

NathanUC

I've played and own both and recommend Rivals 2 over the first. There isn't anything 'better' about the first; it's just a shorter game for the most part. I'm not a huge fan of Rival games, but for PSP/Vita, they are all we have right now (and worth the $5 or so price tag I think).

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

hYdeks

I've owned both Sonic Rivals games and I recommend the 2nd one. First one is good, but like you said yourself, 2nd one is more polished. Don't listen to these other people on here, if your a Sonic fan you'll find enjoyment in these games There not as great as a main Sonic entry, but it's still a great series!

hYdeks

SammyOfMobius

Thanks guys! I'm gonna buy Rivals 2. Thanks for the help!

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

SammyOfMobius

Hey guys! Just got Rivals 2. Pretty epic so far! Wonder why critics hated it... There's really nothing to hate, it is just a difficult game. Lots of games are difficult, plus difficulty makes you want to come back a lot!

NathanUC
MultiMariosonic

Hey guys! Just got Rivals 2. Pretty epic so far! Wonder why critics hated it... There's really nothing to hate, it is just a difficult game. Lots of games are difficult, plus difficulty makes you want to come back a lot!

Maybe you suffer the same ailment as me. I actually liked Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) a lot. The camera made some parts blindingly difficult and the loading screens were beyond awful.. but I really liked the music/graphics/story.

To be clear though, I wouldn't give it a good review.. at all...

Edited on by NathanUC

The EDF deploys!!

SammyOfMobius

I see... I guess it's hard to hate Sonic when we're die hard Sonic fans, and sometimes we find the flaws not flaws at all. In Sonic 4 Episode 1, I didn't care about the graphics, music, physics, or difficulty at all... and I didn't care that it wasn't much like the Genesis games, I just loved it as a Sonic game. And the same goes for Episode 2, which was better than Episode 1, and I really liked the combo moves!

Knux

Please for the love of all that's holy don't compare Sonic Rivals 2 to the abomination called Sonic 06. Most Sonic games range from decent to good, but Sonic 06 makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. And yes, this is coming from a Sonic fan.

Knux

ShonowTH

Sonic 06 was awesome! Sure, their graphics were amazing and the physics were sad, but they started working on it no sooner than Sonic Heroes came out, and they weren't used to making models with 1,000,000 polygons each, and they DID have a deadline. There's only 1 faulty occurrence that I can think of that can happen outside of the player's control, though.

But what does the love of all that's holy have to do with the game? Seriously.. it's a fun game. I hope I don't offend you, but fan = fanatic = you like it ALOT. You can't tell people that you hate Sonic games and call yourself a fan at the same time, dude. That breaks logic (again, not to be rude).

They need a game where you can play as Silver again, but not where his controls are the same as everybody else. Sonic 06 is the only one (I know about the special moves in Rivals but he's no different, otherwise).

Griffith was still the best Sonic so far.

NathanUC
ShonowTH

Sonic 06 was awesome! Sure, their graphics were amazing and the physics were sad, but they started working on it no sooner than Sonic Heroes came out, and they weren't used to making models with 1,000,000 polygons each, and they DID have a deadline. There's only 1 faulty occurrence that I can think of that can happen outside of the player's control, though.

But what does the love of all that's holy have to do with the game? Seriously.. it's a fun game. I hope I don't offend you, but fan = fanatic = you like it ALOT. You can't tell people that you hate Sonic games and call yourself a fan at the same time, dude. That breaks logic (again, not to be rude).

They need a game where you can play as Silver again, but not where his controls are the same as everybody else. Sonic 06 is the only one (I know about the special moves in Rivals but he's no different, otherwise).

I do like Sonic 06, but I also know that it's a terrible terrible game =\

It must have been either terribly rushed or under budget. The problem was between bits of fun, you'd have to suffer hours of problematic controls and glitches (not to mention loading screens). The story was good and the concepts behind the levels and design were very well thought out.... just as a finished product it was a huge mess.

I'd love to see it remade (not remastered) using the 'new' Hedgehog Engine. It could have easily been a Sonic Adventure 3 if it were more polished and refined!

The EDF deploys!!

SammyOfMobius

Sonic 06 wasn't the worst game ever... Sonic's story is pretty weak though. Shadow and Silver is where it shines most though.

CanisWolfred
MultiMariosonic

Sonic 06 wasn't the worst game ever... Sonic's story is pretty weak though. Shadow and Silver is where it shines most though.

Lol no. Maybe storywise Silver's was better, but gameplay-wise Silver's section was pitiful, and Shadow's section was Shadow the Hedgehog 1.5. And that's no where near a compliment. Sonic's section was the best gameplaywise, even if it still wasn't that good.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sreal67

I simply love Sonic..I feel so good when playing these type of games and I am glad I found this forum:)

sreal67

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.