Forums

Topic: what PS Vita Game are you Playing ?

Squiggle55
Squiggle55

• Dec 02, 2012
nathanuc1988 wrote:

Persona.. oh man Persona. Just when I think I know enough about this game to have a valid opinion it adds more and more and more for me to consider.

For me, let's just say it might be worthy of replacing Monster Hunter as my 'fav jrpg' of all time.

Have you played a Persona before this one? I still haven't played any of them. I think I'd really like a demo.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

moomoo
moomoo

• Dec 02, 2012
Squiggle55 wrote:
nathanuc1988 wrote:

Persona.. oh man Persona. Just when I think I know enough about this game to have a valid opinion it adds more and more and more for me to consider.

For me, let's just say it might be worthy of replacing Monster Hunter as my 'fav jrpg' of all time.

Have you played a Persona before this one? I still haven't played any of them. I think I'd really like a demo.

A demo would never give this game justice. Trust everyone and just buy it. There's a reason Persona 4 Golden is the highest rated game of the year.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Dec 03, 2012
Squiggle55 wrote:
nathanuc1988 wrote:

I've played Persona 3 a bit when it went on sale a couple months ago. I loved it but didnt' get very far due to all the recent Vita game releases.

I sorta agree about the demo. Games this deep are difficult to get a feel for with demos. If you like jrpg and if you like well written story/dialog, you should probably give it a shot. There should be a review up in time if you wanted more details though

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

Gamer83
Gamer83

• Dec 03, 2012

The story in Persona 4 seems great but I hate turn based battle systems so I'm not sure I could get into this game. I'm trying to decide between this, Zero Escape Virture's Last Reward and Allstars Battle Royale for my next Vita purchase. The demo for Zero Escape wasn't great but it's also just a demo. I played Allstars at Target the other day and loved it. I'm leaning towards Allstars but it's still a tough choice because the other two got much better reviews.

Gamer83
moomoo
moomoo

• Dec 04, 2012
Gamer83 wrote:

The story in Persona 4 seems great but I hate turn based battle systems so I'm not sure I could get into this game. I'm trying to decide between this, Zero Escape Virture's Last Reward and Allstars Battle Royale for my next Vita purchase. The demo for Zero Escape wasn't great but it's also just a demo. I played Allstars at Target the other day and loved it. I'm leaning towards Allstars but it's still a tough choice because the other two got much better reviews.

Why do you dislike turn based battle systems? If it's because of the usually slow pace, Persona 4 alleviates this. It's quite fast. I've played it (the original), and I can say if there is a game to change your mind about the genre, this is the one. I'd say take the risk.

I've played Zero Escape on 3DS, and it was far and away my favorite game of the year. Granted, if you have the ability to play 999 first (it's on DS) then get it. It's top-class, and works really well to make Zero Escape the amazing experience it is. People seem to be able to get into it anyway, though, so don't let it stop you.

As for Allstars, I haven't played it. Try a demo, maybe? I know there was one at a Gamestop I went to.

Regardless, your first two games are two of best this year, as well as two of the best in their respective genres. Either one will last for a very long time, too. Zero Escape lasted 36 hours for me, and Persona 4 lasted about 80.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Gamer83
Gamer83

• Dec 04, 2012
moomoo wrote:
Gamer83 wrote:

Why do you dislike turn based battle systems? If it's because of the usually slow pace, Persona 4 alleviates this. It's quite fast. I've played it (the original), and I can say if there is a game to change your mind about the genre, this is the one. I'd say take the risk.

I've played Zero Escape on 3DS, and it was far and away my favorite game of the year. Granted, if you have the ability to play 999 first (it's on DS) then get it. It's top-class, and works really well to make Zero Escape the amazing experience it is. People seem to be able to get into it anyway, though, so don't let it stop you.

As for Allstars, I haven't played it. Try a demo, maybe? I know there was one at a Gamestop I went to.

Regardless, your first two games are two of best this year, as well as two of the best in their respective genres. Either one will last for a very long time, too. Zero Escape lasted 36 hours for me, and Persona 4 lasted about 80.

Thanks for the suggestions. I went the safe route and got All-Stars. I had played a demo of the Vita version not long ago and really enjoyed it and since I'm a fan of fighting games, and Smash is one of my faves, I figured, why the hell not get this. I've been playing the single player to get accustomed to the game and it's excellent. Online also seems to work well so I see myself sinking a lot of time into it.

The other two are games I certainly want to play at some point, I have a 3DS so I should probably play 999 first before Zero Escape, might make me appreciate the sequel more. I do want to give Persona a try at some point, I looked up some videos on youtube and everything about it, story, characters, graphics, music, seems phenomenal and there's obviously a reason it's been so highly regarded over the years. I think it's the pacing of turn based games and the fact that I'm not very good at them that bothers me, but for a game that's as interesting as this, I might be willing to take the time to learn its ins and outs to get really good at it. It'll probably be the game I pick up during the post holiday rush at the end of the month.

Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited by Gamer83 (Dec 04, 2012)

Gamer83
cheapogamer4life
cheapogamer4life

• Dec 05, 2012

Currently in the process of beating Mutant Blobs Attack. Trying to download the rest of the Vita instant game collection as well.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Ginkgo
Ginkgo

• Dec 05, 2012

Far Cry 3...and loving it!

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

Knux
Knux

• Dec 06, 2012

Rayman Origins, which is an amazing game.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

seeboss
seeboss

• Dec 27, 2012

I reacnetly picked up a Vita and felt I needed a game collection on it. PS plus has bin great for that but i have spent way to much on PSN. Now I am playing Rayman:origins , The 3ed Birthday, Obscure: The aftermath and have at least 7 games waiting for me to be played. But I some how think I will not get around to play them. 2013 will be a great year for the Vita in my opinion.

seeboss
Knux
Knux

• Dec 27, 2012

Gravity Rush and Retro City Rampage, which are both awesome.

Last edited by Knux (Dec 27, 2012)

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

Snorky
Snorky

• Dec 27, 2012

Metal Gear Solid HD,

Why on earth did i decide to do a no-kill, no-alert, all dogtag run on my first playthrough since ps2?! That being said, having a blast smile

Rayman origins was utterly amazing, that level you unlock for getting all the teeth was seriously challenging! Gravity Rush was pretty cool too. Blazblue is really difficult when trying to play against others, guess i need to pick a character and learn it really well eventually smile

Oh and Sonic racing is pretty fun too, got that for xmas on vita, it's refreshing to enjoy a carting game without feeling the need to compare it to Mario Kart. Fun tracks, likable characters, engaging gameplay and career mode.

Last edited by Snorky (Dec 27, 2012)

Snorky
Jaz007
Jaz007

• Dec 27, 2012

Ucharted Golden Abyss which is great and Unit 13.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, inFamous: Second Son, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Dec 28, 2012
Snorky wrote:

Metal Gear Solid HD,

Why on earth did i decide to do a no-kill, no-alert, all dogtag run on my first playthrough since ps2?! That being said, having a blast smile

I started this on the PS3 version, but gave up shortly after switching over to Raiden. When I picked it up on Vita, I pretty much gave up on that run and just went for story completion tongue

Doing another playthrough of Persona 4. Such an amazing game... It's the most I've ever enjoyed a game. I seriously hope Persona 5 becomes a Vita exclusive (I don't see it happening, but it would be awesome!)

Also still really enjoying Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. I never got around to playing this on PS3 but the adaptation to Vita is so well done that I'm glad I skipped the PS3 version.

Last edited by nathanuc1988 (Dec 28, 2012)

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

BekBlayton
BekBlayton

• Dec 28, 2012

Desperately trying to platinum Uncharted and hopelessly addicted to Big Sky Infinity at the moment....  Brilliant fun that game!

PSN / Twitter : bekblayton

seeboss
seeboss

• Dec 28, 2012

Big sky didn't get me. But liked the humor from the voice talking to you.

seeboss
Crysos61
Crysos61

• Dec 31, 2012

As a new Vita owner I am currently playing:
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Need for Speed Most Wanted

Crysos61
turtlelink
turtlelink

• Jan 07, 2013

Persona 4 Golden!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Gamer83
Gamer83

• Jan 08, 2013

I've become very addicted to Jetpack Joyride, just a great pick up and play game.

Gamer83
HeroOfCybertron
HeroOfCybertron

• Jan 09, 2013

I just downloaded and am playing Haunt The House: Terrortown the new PSM game that just came out today.

Nintendo Network ID: MegaManPrime
Bah-Weep-Graaaaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong

turtlelink
turtlelink

• Jan 14, 2013

Dang Persona 4 is crazy... Did I really spend 25 hours on one game this whole week?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

irken004
irken004

• Jan 16, 2013

LittleBIGPlanet Vita, it's amazing yikes

Backloggery

Gamer83
Gamer83

• Jan 16, 2013

Samurai Beatdown. Another free game that's a ton of fun.

Gamer83
irken004
irken004

• Jan 20, 2013

Well now it's LBP, Gravity Rush and AC3 Liberation.

Is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite worth grabbing if I've played Tri quite a bit? I heard FU was tougher D:

Backloggery

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Jan 20, 2013
irken004 wrote:

Well now it's LBP, Gravity Rush and AC3 Liberation.

Is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite worth grabbing if I've played Tri quite a bit? I heard FU was tougher D:

MHFU is (imho) a much much better game than Tri. It can be more difficult at times, but it's also a much more rewarding experience. There's far more content (weapon types/enemies) so you have a lot more "Freedom" to play more to your style.

If you even slightly licked MHTri, you should give Freedom United a shot as it's a stronger title in the series. Either that or pray MH3rdP (the best in the series) releases outside Japan.

Board footer