Forums

Topic: Video Reviews

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Confused_Dude

Dearest readers and spambots,

We have big plans for Push Square in 2013, starting with the inclusion of video reviews to accompany their written counterparts.

We're very much in the planning stages at the moment, but we've assembled an early prototype for you to peruse.

Feedback is very much encouraged!

Regards,
The Push Square Team

Staff Writer. Former Push Square Video Editor and Podcast Editor.

PSN: Confused_Dude | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

Good job there chaps!

Nice, unobtrusive, swift graphics with a no nonsense review.

This sort of thing must take a significant amount of time to produce- so, thanks- site is still one of my (few) daily visits.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

get2sammyb
KALofKRYPTON

Good job there chaps!

This sort of thing must take a significant amount of time to produce- so, thanks- site is still one of my (few) daily visits.

Thanks for the positive response. Would you watch these kind of videos regularly? How do you think the prototype could be improved? Would you like to see more video on Push Square?

KALofKRYPTON
get2sammyb
KALofKRYPTON

Good job there chaps!

Thanks for the positive response. Would you watch these kind of videos regularly? How do you think the prototype could be improved? Would you like to see more video on Push Square?

If it's just going to be hosted 'on-site', then leave it as it is. If you're going with a YouTube (etc) channel then possibly make the site name and text bigger just for exposure's sake.

I tend to open the site in the background while at work, so read/post when I get a spare few minutes. But video reviews like this with plenty of game play footage compliment any written review and save hunting around for other gameplay video sources. Could do a lot to keep people on the site once they're here.

Could be a great resourse for PSN/Minis games, as they tend to get left out by many sites- a couple of minutes of gameplay footage with a quick summary voice over would be handy.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

TOMBOY25

ok that was pretty awesome its good to see you're doing video reviews as there generally what alot of people look for these days.

will say though the text in the opening is very small.

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

Realportugeezer

Its brilliant. Simple, to-the-point and allows visitors to size up the graphics of the game. Make the opening text a bit bigger and its perfect.

You should hopefully attract more people to visit, and stay on the site, with video reviews complimenting the written reviews!

Realportugeezer

Splat

Having both would be great. If you could have the video review under the written review via YouTube like you do with trailers that would be great.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

pikku

Awesome, I was actually going to make a thread and ask if the staff had ever thought of doing video reviews, haha.

I watch a lot of video reviews. Reading about the game's mechanics is one thing, but sometimes a game needs to be seen in action (or better yet, played) to fully understand it, and that's why I watch a lot of video reviews. I would definitely watch more of PushSquare's reviews if they decide to continue it.

Edited on by pikku

pikku

PSN: pikmaniac02

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.