Forums

Topic: PSP recommendations?

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

SubBronze

Hi there, I just got a PSP off eBay and a few games for pretty cheap (£42), and I was just wondering what games do you recommend? I already want Dissidia 012, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 4. My PSP is coming with Burnout Legends, Lumines, F1 Grand Prix and Wipeout Pure. Any other big suggestions?

(I'm planning on getting the Metal Gear Solid Collection for my PS3 soon, so no Peace Walker please)

Thanks in advance

SteamID: bulby1994

Knux

The PSP contains TONS of amazing games. Here are my personal recommendations (the games that you want are excellent choices too, especially Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection): Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Unchained Blades, The 3rd Birthday, all of the Grand Theft Auto games, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, and Sonic Rivals 2 (if you have people to play the multiplayer modes with).

There are of course a lot more PSP games (which I either haven't bought or haven't played my copies of since I have too many games, lol), but these are the ones that I actually played and they're pretty effing awesome. If there's something you want to ask me about these games, fire away!

Knux

moomoo

Ohohoho. You are in for a treat. There's tons of awesome games on the system. Especially when it comes to RPG's. You'll enjoy Dissidia and FFIV. I know I did.

Still, it'd be nice if you told us what genres you liked. I'm going to assume you like RPG's, since three of the games you are wanting are Final Fantasy games. Until then, I'll just tell you my favorites.

Persona 3 Portable- easily the game I spent the most time on. Super long, super fun, awesome story, and suprisingly replayable. Far and away my favorite game on the system, and one of my favorite games ever.
Valkyria Chronicles 2- super fun, long and challenging. Really unique too.
Ys VII- a fantastic game. It's got a great battle system, and I have yet to find someone who hasn't liked it. I suggest getting it, especially since it's cheap.
Patapon- really unique. Pretty much different than any game you'll play. I'd recommend getting the second one, since it's the cheapest. They're all great games, though.
LocoRoco- really weird. Fun. Cheap.
Rock Band Unplugged- quite the excellent music game. I loved it.
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge- my favorite racer on the platform, although you may want to wait on it until you play more of the games you got, since three of them are racing games.
Disgaea 1&2- both excellent SRPG's. For some reason, I only ever liked SRPG's from Atlus. Don't know why.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're from Europe. Hmmm... Under ordinary circumstances, I'd say too bad, but the PSP is region free, so you can just import stuff. I don't know if any of the games I mentioned aren't available, but if they aren't, I'd jump on some of them, especially if Persona 3 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 were the case.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

KALofKRYPTON

My PSP favourites were Killzone Liberation, OutRun 2006 (seriously, these two were essential for me), Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Capcom Classics Collection- just for Pang really and I had a few imported shmups, best of those was the amazing Star Soldier.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Shadow100

Half Minute Hero is a fun RPG that you can enjoy in short play sessions.

Persona 3 Portable is a lengthy RPG, but it also very enjoyable.

NathanUC

I'm going to list a lot of my favorites from over the years. Such an awesome library for the PSP!

Persona 3 Portable
Locoroco
Patapon 3
God of War Ghost of Sparta
Phantasy Star Online Portable 2
Valkyrie Profile
Gran Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
Gran Turismo PSP
Lumines 2
The 3rd Birthday
Socom Fireteam Bravo 3
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
any DJ Max
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Silent Hill Origins
LittleBigPlanet

And I cannot believe it's not been said yet: Monster Hunter Unite. One of my all time favorite games.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

FluffyNinja

These are the games that I recommend you at least try out:

DJ Portables series
Persona 3 portable
Valkyria Chronicles 2
God of War: Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta
FF: Crisis Core
FF: Dissidia Series
Jeanne d'Arc
KH: Birth by Sleep
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Patapon 1 and 2

Edited on by FluffyNinja

FluffyNinja

CanisWolfred

It's all about them Ys games, man. Ys Seven, Ys 1 & 2, Oath in Felghana. Ys 6 is good, too, but it's better to get that on the PS2 if you can.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

Jeanne d'Arc is great.

Jaz007

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.