Forums

Topic: Sonic 4: Episode II

James
James

• May 17, 2012

So what do you all make of it? I stayed up until 12 to finish it and I reckon it's... well, my review will answer that ;D

But what do you think?

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

odd69
odd69

• May 17, 2012

Haha waiting on your review before i plunge into it, my hopes for it are very high though. Is it worth my monies?

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
http://oddsreviewsandthoughts.blogspot.com/
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• May 17, 2012

I was getting pretty annoyed at some of the sonic + tails bits. They were really frustrating and hurt the flow of the game imo. I was also really REALLY disappointed in the music. It just sounded like a mess and rarely had any catchy bits. This is coming from a guy who literally listens to Sonic music at work (I know I know...)

I loved playing some of the Ep1 levels as Metal Sonic though!

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

James
James

• May 17, 2012
odd69 wrote:

Haha waiting on your review before i plunge into it, my hopes for it are very high though. Is it worth my monies?

err no comment ;D

@Nathan We see eye to eye on the music. It's really poor -- Sonic 4 didn't have much in the way of classic tunes but Splash Hill 1 was ace.

KALofKRYPTON
KALofKRYPTON

• May 17, 2012
James wrote:
odd69 wrote:

err no comment ;D

@Nathan We see eye to eye on the music. It's really poor -- Sonic 4 didn't have much in the way of classic tunes but Splash Hill 1 was ace.

That's a bit of a shame.

I'll wait on a review too. The control and 'feel' of the mechanics will be make or break for me though. If it plays like Ep1 it can stay on the virtual shelf. My Sonic fix is more than satisfied by Sonic CD and Sonic Generations these days.

KALofKRYPTON
KALofKRYPTON
KALofKRYPTON

• May 17, 2012

I just read the review over at 1up, doesn't seem like much I want to spend money on. I'll just have to play more Sonic Generations #firstworldpains ;-)

KALofKRYPTON
James
James

• May 17, 2012

Well yeah, Sonic Generations is better than Sonic 4: Ep II, but then it should be for the price smile

Review coming tomorrow!

KALofKRYPTON
KALofKRYPTON

• May 17, 2012
James wrote:

Well yeah, Sonic Generations is better than Sonic 4: Ep II, but then it should be for the price smile

Review coming tomorrow!

Hahaha!

Sonic Generations, as new, £8.00 delivered. Love ebay  ;-)

KALofKRYPTON
Lunapplebloom
Applejacklove

• May 17, 2012

I want this regardless. Call me obsessed, but I like to play every sonic game I can get my hands on. Some though I wont revisit. I look forward to your review.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

turtlelink
turtlelink

• May 17, 2012
James wrote:
odd69 wrote:

err no comment ;D

Bad Sonic music? Impossible!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Mahary
Mahary

• May 17, 2012
turtlelink wrote:
James wrote:
odd69 wrote:

err no comment ;D

I Agree =P

Mahary
irken004
irken004

• May 18, 2012

It handles better than episode 1 except for the homing attack being wonky this time around, but the graphics are vastly better and the level design is much more dynamic. The oil ocean boss was certainly interesting big_smile

Backloggery

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• May 18, 2012
turtlelink wrote:
James wrote:
odd69 wrote:

err no comment ;D

It's true I tell you! The only songs in 4-ep2 I liked were from White Park and the bonus stages. The rest just kind of sounded like a mess of noises thrown together in time.

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

Oddbrother
Oddbrother

• Jun 12, 2012
nathanuc1988 wrote:

It's true I tell you! The only songs in 4-ep2 I liked were from White Park and the bonus stages. The rest just kind of sounded like a mess of noises thrown together in time.

You mean like dubstep?

Oddbrother
ClassicSonicFan
MultiMariosonic

• Oct 10, 2012

Why don't they bring this and Episode I to Vita? It's more than capable of handling this game! Heck, they could do a console port of Generations on this thing! Then again, it would be awesome to see a new Sonic adventure on the Vita.

Classic Sonic will always be the number 1 Sonic! I think Modern Sonic's great but will never beat my original Classic Sonic.
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Oct 11, 2012
Oddbrother wrote:
nathanuc1988 wrote:

You mean like dubstep?

Nope, I said in time!

Knux
Knux

• Dec 16, 2012

Episode II is effing awesome. It's of course not as good as Generations, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

turtlelink
turtlelink

• Dec 17, 2012
Knux wrote:

Episode II is effing awesome. It's of course not as good as Generations, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

I forgot to gameshare it with my friend when it came out but I'm gonna do it next weekend. Can't wait to play it!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Board footer