Forums

Topic: Black Friday Deals (US)

Strofan7
Strofan7

• Nov 12, 2012

Was browsing some of the leaked black friday ads for the gaming deals and here's what I've come across so far:

Target:
PS3 500GB Super Slim Bundle w/ Uncharted collection (1 and 2) and Infamous collection for $200
Vita wifi with lego batman collection for $200

Best Buy:
PS3 500GB Super Slim Bundle w/ Uncharted collection (1 and 2) and Infamous collection for $200
Vita wifi with COD and memory card $200
Assassins Creed 3 for $35
Dead Island GOTY for $8
Wonderbook Move set (everything but the system) for $80

Toys R Us:
Vita wifi with COD and "vita essentials" cleaning/maintenance kit for $200
Dualshock 3 for $32

Wal-Mart:
LOTS OF CHEAP GAMES

I didn't take the time to post all of the games deals but there seem to be plenty. Three things I found interesting:
1) All stores have the same PS3 bundle deals where traditionally they each have a unique one.
2) Not much fanfare for Wonderbook outside of Best Buy. Curious how much Sony will push it in the States compared to the UK?
3) Sony really seems to be trusting the COD/Vita package and though it seems like it will be one of the weaker Vita games. It is still COD at Christmas time I guess...

Last edited by Strofan7 (Nov 12, 2012)

Twitter-Strofan7PSN-Strofan7

zezhyrule
zezhyrule

• Nov 12, 2012

That's it, from now on I'm waiting until a console has been out for six years before I buy it.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Nov 12, 2012

Black Friday is honestly one of my favorite 'holidays'.

Sadly, I think I've already gotten most 2012 games I wanted sad I'll be getting a second PS3 though I think

I agree with the thoughts on CoD and Vita. I really really hope it's not a flop but I feel a Persona 4 Golden bundle would have been a far better option

Last edited by nathanuc1988 (Nov 12, 2012)

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

Gamer83
Gamer83

• Nov 12, 2012

What I love about Black Friday sales is usually you can score some Xbox Live Gold and PSN Cards really cheap.

Gamer83
Strofan7
Strofan7

• Nov 13, 2012

I am tempted to make this the time for my 2nd PS3 purchase. Though I wish there were some different games included. I think pairing a little big planet game with Uncharted would've made the most sense as I feel Uncharted and Infamous cater to the same demographics.

I'm excited to see what Amazon has to offer this year!

Twitter-Strofan7PSN-Strofan7

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Nov 13, 2012
Strofan7 wrote:

I am tempted to make this the time for my 2nd PS3 purchase. Though I wish there were some different games included. I think pairing a little big planet game with Uncharted would've made the most sense as I feel Uncharted and Infamous cater to the same demographics.

I'm excited to see what Amazon has to offer this year!

Totally agree. I also already have all the inFAMOUS games and Uncharted 2 lol. I picked up Eden from newegg for $6 yesterday! I already had it on Xbox but didn't like playing it on Kinect much.

PSN/XBL/Steam: nathanuc1988Feel free to add me! (please, no blank friend requests.)

turtlelink
turtlelink

• Nov 22, 2012

Any good Vita memory card sales?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

irken004
irken004

• Nov 22, 2012

Grabbed Assassin's creed 3 on Amazon for $35.

Backloggery

moomoo
moomoo

• Nov 22, 2012

On Amazon tomorrow, you'll be able to get a Vita with Assassin's Creed Liberation, Playstation All-Stars, 30 days of Playstation plus, a 4GB memory card, and a $10 gift card towards Assassin's Creed 3 for 360 or PS3.

It'll be $179.

So basically, for less than $200, you get a Vita, a memory card, and 8 games. Yes, you have to renew your PS Plus or get a bigger memory card to take advantage of 6 of those games, but that's still pretty crazy.

EDIT: Aaaaaand Pushsquare beat me to it. Darn it Sammy!

Last edited by moomoo (Nov 22, 2012)

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

NathanUC
nathanuc1988

• Nov 23, 2012

Board footer