Forums

Topic: Retail or Digital?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

SammyOfMobius

Title says it all. I personally like both. How about you guys?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Splat

Ever since I got me PS3 I have been leaning towards liking digital more. For starters the system runs so much more quieter. I also like the convenience of browsing through my games and picking one to play without having to get up and put a disk in.

That said I just wish it didn't take up so much HD space and retail is still cheaper.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

moomoo

Honestly, it depends. On my PSP, I prefer digital, since UMDs are pretty easy to brake. I've never broken one, mind you, but I always have that fear that it'll happen. Plus, I bought it pretty late in the system's lifecycle, so maybe I feel obligated to give some money to the publishers. Also, the load times are waaaaaaay faster.

For everything else, however, I'm a retail guy all the way. I like how if I can't stand a game, I can get rid of it and get some money back. If I like the game but want someone else to play it, I can simply lend them my copy. Plus, it's cheaper, at least for the most part. Yeah, there are some obvious exceptions (look at Atlus sales on PSP versus retail, or Steam sales), but for the most part, I prefer having a physical copy.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

KALofKRYPTON

I prefer retail for my PS3, as @moomoo says, I like being able to trade & share. It does depend on availability, convenience and price sometimes though. And there's the occasional PSN impulse buy.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

BekBlayton

I too go for retail, but i'm beginning to run out of room....

PSN / Twitter : bekblayton

PSN: Bekblayton | Twitter:

Hokori

Ever since NSMB2 I've decided digital all the way for my WiiU and 3DS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SammyOfMobius

I like retail the most for home consoles but I like digital best for handheld consoles. Games for handheld consoles are just so easy to lose track of and for digital you don't have to carry the game around at all times. For console I don't mind because the games are big and easy to find if lost.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

HeroOfCybertron

I prefer retail, unless digital is the only way to get a game.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.