Forums

Topic: Little King Story 2

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Mandoble

First it was said that this was going to be a PSV launch tittle, and until 2 weeks ago GAME Spain had it still announced for late March, now the game is removed from their list but Japan release is still dated for next week. I cannot understand how the European release of a heavy weight tittle like this keeps being delayed forever.

Mandoble

Supereor

What's Little King's Story?  And look at it like this; be grateful it's getting delayed, would you like it if you spent tons of money and anticipation into a game with graphics that looked like a baby's scribble, gameplay that responded a minute after the input, and so many glitches, you can see a big black-blue blotch in the middle of your Vita's screen?  Yeah, after all, they don't wanna delay the game, they want to do anything but it, but I guess the world is just swamping a truckload of problems on their heavily anticipated masterpiece.  That is, if it even is good.

This signature is an awful waste of time

James

@Mandoble Konami never announced a specific date for the game and certainly never said it was going to be a launch title. The Japanese version was announced for 29th March so there's no way it was going to release in Europe before that.

When Konami confirmed New Little King's Story for Europe it only said it'd release in 2012. Anyone else who's given you a more specific date/timeframe is making it up, I'm afraid!

James

Mandoble

Several sites like Vandal.net or this one have started to announce LKS2 Vita  (localized)for first week of July.

http://www.shopto.net/PSP/VIDEO%20GAMES … 0Vita.html

Is there any confirmation from Konami for this release date? Or might be konami will not be the western publisher?

Mandoble

cyphid

All  I know is that Konami says its coming this summer in the US. If Konami has the rights to the game in Europe it ought to release around the same time!

I own the original for Wii, need to start playing it so I can play the Vita's sequel!

Edited on by cyphid

WII U ID: cyphid
3DS FC: 0130-2508-4092
PSN: cyphid

Games I'm Playing:
Professor Layton and The Unwound Future
Sakura Samurai Art of the Sword

PSN: cyphid | Twitter:

Mandoble

And now it seems it is moved to autum, and no release date for EU. Many of you might not know it, but the first release was one of the very best games the Wii had, action, strategy, RPG and adventure all in one. Konami is failing miserably with this jewel

Mandoble

Mandoble

Release in EU in two weeks, and some stores have it in catalog so it might be retail and not only digital. Lets not let this game fail due lack of announcements, first version was a really incredibly fun and ground breaking game. Open world, exploration, adventuring, strategy, building, improving units and buildings, all in one.

Mandoble

Mandoble

And it is finally here! as retail and as download.

Mandoble

Magi

If you've purchased it, how is it?

Magi

Mandoble
Magi

If you've purchased it, how is it?

It has the same art and play mechanics as the old Wii version, but the dialogs are different, more "unpolite" and less "classic/diplomatic", they are using also a pretty small font that makes the text hard to read. Aside of these points the game is fantastic, more unit types, larger areas, more building types than the old version. The controls are way better and handy now, using all the buttons, both analogs and the touch screen. Oh, and these incredible "hand-made" animations in cutscenes of the old version are now missing and replaced by static drawings of some character saying something.

Mandoble

Jamouse

@Mandoble
So wait, is it an enhanced remake or a completely new game?

Jamouse

Mandoble

It is a mix of both, I've just started the game so I cannot give many details about the story. Many things of the old game are still there, even missions and areas surrounding your base. There are new characters as well as unit and building types, now you can put your people to work on the construction of items, you may also collaborate with other online players in this activity to create items faster.

Mandoble

Magi

I really need to buy this game, if only to support the Vita, although I haven't a clue when I'll be able to play it.

Magi

WolfRamHeart

I am a big fan of the original Little King's Story but there is no way that I am paying $40 for a digital download especially considering that it isn't a true sequel but more of a remake. I would have picked it up if it was $30 but at that price I will just wait for a price drop. I prefer the art style of the original game anyway.

WolfRamHeart

Sanquine

@wolframheart: 10 dollars... That holds you back... Pff i do not understand people. However , maybe i do not mind if a game is 50 or 60 it is still a lot of money but somethings are worth every penny.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

WolfRamHeart

@Sanquine: I have no problem paying full price for a game if I feel that it is worth it. Had this been a true sequel and not just a remake of a game that I already own then I would have bought it in an instant. I am also not a fan of paying full retail price for digital games. Instead I am putting my money toward some other Vita games such as Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and Ragnarok Odyssey. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying this game though.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

Sanquine

Oke , i understand:) I did not play the wii orginal... furthermore , you have absolute great taste of games because they are also on mail list. I would love to play Ragnarok oddysey:D

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Magi

What's the story with this game?  I tried to pick it up at GameStop and they didn't even have a record of it in their system.  Amazon only shows that it's available through another seller (strangely named "Nintendo AC Adapters".  Not at Target.  Not at Toys R Us.  Tough for a company to sell a game when it can't be purchased.

It has been released already, right?  Download only maybe (unless it's imported)?  What gives?

Magi

Mandoble

In EU you have retail copies, checked Game and Fnac and they have it available. In US as far as I know it is available only as digital download.

Mandoble

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.