Forums

Topic: Low Interest?

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

Firejonie

Has anyone noticed that there are entire forum sections or threads that haven't been replied to in days, if not weeks? Plus when news is posted only around 15 people at most post. Is there just a low amount of interest on this site? Nintendo Life ( related to this site) has tons of members and forums. Yet here there are not many comments or members. I love this site and Nintendo Life and I am just asking for the betterment of the site. Should this site be advertised more?

Edited on by Firejonie

Firejonie

Magi

It's not for lack of good articles/news.  I think Pushsquare just needs more time.

Magi

NathanUC
Magi

It's not for lack of good articles/news.  I think Pushsquare just needs more time.

I agree. Nintendo Life has been around a long time (I think 2006?) so it's had a lot more time to build a loyal following. I feel we have a good community here and it seems to be growing nicely! (Minus James leaving us )

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Splat

The articles and news are top notch. I would love for the forums to be more active. Hopefully word of mouth with bring more active posters...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Firejonie
Splat

The articles and news are top notch. I would love for the forums to be more active. Hopefully word of mouth with bring more active posters...

Yes, that's what I think everyone wants. Maybe there should be links on Nintendo Life that show that a sister/brother site for Sony exists and you can even use your current account. I really love this site I just wish for more activity.

Firejonie

Slapshot

The last numbers that I saw, the site is doing really well. What you see here is that the majority of readers on the site are older and don't post much in the comments sections/forums. I personally know a lot of daily readers that are personal friends of mine, and none of them ever post here, it's just not their thing.

I usually do a lot of posting, but life outside of writing has been extremely busy and I've just not had much time to do so. Hopefully that'll all change a bit before too long though. 

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

PSN: crossed23 | Twitter:

Splat
Slapshot

I usually do a lot of posting, but life outside of writing has been extremely busy and I've just not had much time to do so.

What he meant to say was, he can't stop playing Rainbow Moon long enough to do anything else.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Kage_88

I haven't posted here in a while, and I feel kinda guilty about that...

Fixed!

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

theblackdragon

@Firejonie: when Push Square was first relaunched as part of the Nlife Network, we did have big banners/ads up over at NL to let people know about PS for months, plus we've got that 'Friends' series of links down at the bottom of the page that lists Push Square and KINECTaku.

as for the forums, idk about everyone else but i'd rather see people commenting on main-site articles than filling a forum with nonsense any day, and sure enough, they are. if we're patient and continue pumping out the quality content, i'm sure the forums will fill themselves out in time. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

Twitter:

Squiggle55
Slapshot

What you see here is that the majority of readers on the site are older and don't post much in the comments sections/forums.

I'm sure this is the answer. Nintendolife has just exploded so much as a community that it's used like a big chatroom. Probably the most absurd proof of this is the PS3 fanclub thread at Nintendolife is more active than the Pushsquare forums.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Slapshot
Splat

What he meant to say was, he can't stop playing Rainbow Moon long enough to do anything else.

Shhh! You're not supposed to be tellin' everyone the reason for my current laziness! 

@Squiggle55 Aye now, no dissin' on my PS3 Thread on Nintendo Life. That's like a little internet hideaway for the few of us that use it. 

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

PSN: crossed23 | Twitter:

Noob_The_Third

We have to get the people on NintendoLife that like Nintendo and Sony here instead of on NL's other gaming section.

CanisWolfred

^That won't work. What we need is for this place to develop its own fanbase. Nintendo Life used to be a dead hellhole where posts go to die, but look at it now? I'm sure this place will come into its own soon enough. It's just needs time, as other have said.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo
CanisWolfred

^That won't work. What we need is for this place to develop its own fanbase. Nintendo Life used to be a dead hellhole where posts go to die, but look at it now? I'm sure this place will come into its own soon enough. It's just needs time, as other have said.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Part of why Nintendolife was able to get a pretty big fanbase was because the site reviewed every game on Nintendo's download services. They were able to appeal to a niche group when it was, for the most part, largely ignored by other gaming websites. Now people go onto the site for other reasons, but it was able to build up an audience through WiiWare and Virtual Console know-how.

I'm not saying that Pushsquare is any less quality, but most Sony fans already have places to find reviews, interviews and communities. My two cents, anyways.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

Damo

The fact is that every site has to start somewhere. Nintendo Life (and Virtual Console Reviews before that) started from a tiny fanbase, but over the past five years it has exploded. It really just takes time.

In terms of where Push Square is now, if you take the relaunch as the starting point, it's actually doing much better than we could ever have expected. The traffic is growing and we're taking on new staffers (Greg recently joined us as Reviews Editor, for example).

As some of you have kindly noted, Push Square doesn't lack content - Sammy is a news machine, and I honestly believe we have the best news coverage of ANY Sony site on the web. It's not only timely, it's also very well written - something that can't be said for some of our rivals.

I'd also argue we have some of the best reviews online, too - and this is an area we're looking to grow considerably over the next few months. We're also looking to produce more unique content in the form of features, interviews and other cool stuff. Community is going to be a massive focus for us as well - and that will hopefully help the forums become more active.

In my eyes, Push Square is only just getting started - and once the momentum picks up, I honestly believe we will have the best PlayStation site on the web.

Thanks again for your support - it means a lot to the team!

Editorial Director
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Chozo85

I'd like to echo my support of the site. When I first played on a Vita, I was so impressed I went out and purchased one. I found Pushsquare via Nintendolife. It is now the main site I use for news and reviews related to the vita. I prefer it to some of the more established playstation websites. I think that is testament to the great work that Sammy and the rest of the team do.

I've never been a big poster on Nintendolife or here but I will offer my opinion when I feel its warranted. The forums are perhaps a little quiet but like Slapshot said, I think that may have something to do with the age of people visiting the site.

Chozo85

ztpayne7

I joined Movemodo back in Jan 2011 and I checked it about every day.  When the change happened and they  merged with pushsquare, I'll have to say I wasn't so sure at first.   I thought, it was just another playstation news site - which made it lose the uniqueness it had.  Well, it turns out I'm glad I stayed.  As Damo said, I think the quality of reviews and content are what keep me on the site.  I check it everyday and I really like this place a lot.  It's gonna grow in time.

ztpayne7

Ginkgo
ztpayne7

I joined Movemodo back in Jan 2011 and I checked it about every day.  When the change happened and they  merged with pushsquare, I'll have to say I wasn't so sure at first.   I thought, it was just another playstation news site - which made it lose the uniqueness it had.  Well, it turns out I'm glad I stayed.  As Damo said, I think the quality of reviews and content are what keep me on the site.  I check it everyday and I really like this place a lot.  It's gonna grow in time.

I came to the site in pretty much the same way.

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.