Forums

Topic: Your next Vita game

Posts 41 to 57 of 57

DavynD

Pre-ordered Gravity Rush, and I've got some PSN money I'm waiting to spend on Retro City Rampage, Jet Grind Radio, and Zen Pinball 2... if only they had solid release dates. -_-,

"Where are all the Sour Patch Parents?"

TheBlueSackboy

Call of Duty might be coming to PlayStation Vita!

TheBlueSackboy

CanisWolfred

Gravity Rush is still my Day One, but I'm also thinking of getting Street Fighter X Tekken, and a few more games like Wipeout and Disgaea 3, and of course I'll be grabbing Ragnarok Odyssey if it turns out to be good. Then there's Sound Shapes on the downloadable front, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KALofKRYPTON

I picked up Mortal Kombat yesterday after trading Resistance Burning Skies (well worth playing, but I finished it very quickly and not all that interested in MP). Only dabbled in the the tutorials bit so far but I'm quite impressed with it. Jet Set Radio and Zen Pinball 2 are on my radar too. I wouldn't mind picking Ninja Gaiden at some point too.

I think the very next game as it's released will be Strangers's Wrath HD though. It looks great and I've never played it before. Also haven't played an Oddworld game since good ol' Abe, so . . .

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

turtlelink
Mickeymac

Gravity Rush is still my Day One, but I'm also thinking of getting Street Fighter X Tekken, and a few more games like Wipeout and Disgaea 3, and of course I'll be grabbing Ragnarok Odyssey if it turns out to be good. Then there's Sound Shapes on the downloadable front, too.

I hope Capcom irons out the problems with SFxT for Vita. Also, the touch panel controls look really nice.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

KALofKRYPTON
turtlelink
Mickeymac

I hope Capcom irons out the problems with SFxT for Vita. Also, the touch panel controls look really nice.

I honestly see no benefit to touch controls in Street Fighter. Spoils it for those who learn the moves! I'd like MvC for the Vita, but why play online when someone can just tap your character to pull of a combo?!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

cyphid

I just grabbed a used copy of Mortal Kombat from ebay for $25.

Next full price Vita game I have coming in the mail;  Gravity Rush @ amazon.com with 99 cents release date delivery! n_n

WII U ID: cyphid
3DS FC: 0130-2508-4092
PSN: cyphid

Games I'm Playing:
Professor Layton and The Unwound Future
Sakura Samurai Art of the Sword

PSN: cyphid | Twitter:

JavierYHL

nothing all my interest is broken after vita showing in E3...time to sell the vita when there is still some cash for it...thank you sony for such a strong showing for vita...

JavierYHL

KALofKRYPTON
cyphid

I just grabbed a used copy of Mortal Kombat from ebay for $25.

Next full price Vita game I have coming in the mail;  Gravity Rush @ amazon.com with 99 cents release date delivery! n_n

I got MK on Monday. Played through Burning Skies -worth a rent- and got very good trade in money at CEX.

Even with the great games I have already, I'd say MK is probably the best of of the lot. Loads of Kontent (sorry . . .) and it plays so very well!

DavynD
JavierYHL

nothing all my interest is broken after vita showing in E3...time to sell the vita when there is still some cash for it...thank you sony for such a strong showing for vita...

Really, man? There was plenty of love for the Vita at E3.
Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Sine Mora, LittleBigPlanet, Sly: Thieves in Time, Sound Shapes, Oddworld, Playstation Allstars: Battle Royale, Jet Set Radio. Not to mention Dragon's Crown and Warrior's Lair, along with some others I probably missed.
If anything, E3 made me even more excited about owning a Vita. I don't quite understand all this talk about it signing the system's death certificate.

"Where are all the Sour Patch Parents?"

NathanUC
DavynD
JavierYHL

Really, man? There was plenty of love for the Vita at E3.
Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Sine Mora, LittleBigPlanet, Sly: Thieves in Time, Sound Shapes, Oddworld, Playstation Allstars: Battle Royale, Jet Set Radio. Not to mention Dragon's Crown and Warrior's Lair, along with some others I probably missed.
If anything, E3 made me even more excited about owning a Vita. I don't quite understand all this talk about it signing the system's death certificate.

My thoughts exactly. It seems too many people only watched the Press Conference and are ignoring everything else. E3 was great for Vita.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Blaze

Definitely picking up Gravity Rush as my next Vita game, need something great to play after the awful burning skies. And then I have MGS HD on pre-order as well! Lots of Vita games soon!

turtlelink
KALofKRYPTON
turtlelink
Mickeymac

I honestly see no benefit to touch controls in Street Fighter. Spoils it for those who learn the moves! I'd like MvC for the Vita, but why play online when someone can just tap your character to pull of a combo?!

That's why I really like the way the touch controls in SFxT works. You set up 4 panels that are mapped to buttons on the controller on the screen. It can be used to resemble using the arcade button layout, to an extent.

Anyway, I hope the price for those memory cards come down soon. 8GB is going to last me some time but bigger is usually always better.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

KALofKRYPTON
turtlelink
KALofKRYPTON
turtlelink

That's why I really like the way the touch controls in SFxT works. You set up 4 panels that are mapped to buttons on the controller on the screen. It can be used to resemble using the arcade button layout, to an extent.

Anyway, I hope the price for those memory cards come down soon. 8GB is going to last me some time but bigger is usually always better.

The options for touch control I see are to do what they did for SF4 on iOS, which is pretty dumb tapping the screen for one button when you actually have buttons, the MvC tapping your opponent option or what they did with the 3DS, which is more likely. In that you just tap to pull of either super moves, combos or power meter moves, which- again- spoils the game a bit.

Mandoble

Batman2 might be the next. Not sure yet about GRush, having all the visible marks indicating where to go each time might ruin the game.

Mandoble

cyphid

I played the Gravity Rush demo last week; it was so much fun! I love the graphics! touch controls and tilt controls felt natural, instead of forced.

Speaking of Resistance Burning Skies, I think its received mixed reception because some are expecting a console experience or Call of Duty. A lot of reviews were so mixed, its ridiculous! Ill just have to play it for myself.

WII U ID: cyphid
3DS FC: 0130-2508-4092
PSN: cyphid

Games I'm Playing:
Professor Layton and The Unwound Future
Sakura Samurai Art of the Sword

PSN: cyphid | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.