Forums

Topic: Lord of the Rings: Conquest

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Jaz007

Does anyone else remember this game? It was a great game, pretty much the LOTR version of SW: Battlefront; it was made by the same developer too. I saw the hobbit 3 last night, so I popped this when I came home to play a bit before I went to bed. The campaign may not be very good (but neither were they it battlefront), but the instant action is great. A variety of maps and four unique classes to play as and master. The game also lets you play a balrog, which is as awesome at sounds. This was also my first PS3 game too, I got the PS3 with this game in mind since I loved the Battlefront games. So it also has a lot of nostalgia with it too. I actually got a next-gen feeling from it when I played it last night because of the nostalgia. I know Pandemic has gone under, but I'd love to see a sequel. Anyone else want Lord of the Rings: Conquest too?

Jaz007

MadchesterManc

I thought it was decent myself and recently installed it on the PC for a playthrough. My brother used to play it religiously on Ps3 until EA decided to shut down the servers. At the time it seemed popular, so it was no doubt due to Pandemic going under but it still seems like an odd thing for such a big corporation to do (Especially when you consider the Ps2 servers for BF2 were still up a couple of years ago) To be honest I just hope we get another online game in the mold of Battlefront, regardless of the franchise. They easily rivaled Battlefield at the time.

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

TOMBOY25

i love this game and battlefront 1 & 2

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

Tasuki

I have the game on the 360 and I enjoyed playing it with my son.  I really enjoyed the level where you had to knock down the elephants and siege towers.  My son played it alot online as well till they shut down the servers.

I know that a Battlefront 3 is on the way but we probably wont see a sequel to this,  IIRC this game didn't do to well review wise and sales.  But still if they made a second one say based on the Hobbit movies I would pick it up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

Didn't know about the sales, but yeah, the game didn't do well critically. It got a surprisingly low 55 average, no idea how it could be that low. I don't think we'll sequel either, but I would definitally pre-order it instantly if they announced one. Anyone else play with the bots? I just play with them, so the lack of online doesn't really bother me much.

Jaz007

Tasuki
Jaz007

Didn't know about the sales, but yeah, the game didn't do well critically. It got a surprisingly low 55 average, no idea how it could be that low. I don't think we'll sequel either, but I would definitally pre-order it instantly if they announced one. Anyone else play with the bots? I just play with them, so the lack of online doesn't really bother me much.

I never really played online that much usually when I played it with my son we just did the story modes, cause we always had alot of fun with those especially when playing the evil campaign.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.