Forums

Topic: Plan on selling the PS3?

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

JLPick

I'm 34...I had the Atari, NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, Gamegear, Gameboys (all), 3DS, Dreamcast, N64, Playstation one, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, 360, Wii, Wii u. We now only have the PS3 and PS4 with getting the Wii U, 3DS and Xbox One during income tax returns. Anyways, with getting rid of them (only to get the next generation games and accessories), it will not happen anymore. You can get rid of them, but then later on down the road (a few years to 20 years), you'll want to play one of those games or the console again, and then you have to find them. This has happened to me...I'd love to play some of my cartridge discs again like Low G Man, Startropics, Wizards and Warriors or even the Goonies 2. There's something about busting out your past to relive your past.

JLPick

PSN: JLpick

Caryslan

My PS3 is my main console alongside my Wii U, and where I intend to play the newest game like Battlefield Hardline, Mortal Kombat X, and Dragonball Xenoverse this year.

I have no interest in upgrading yet, so my PS3 won't be going anywhere.

Even in a few years when I'm finally looking at a PS4, I still won't ditch my PS3. The PS4 has no BC with the PS3, so I would lose my download games, my disc games, and even BC with PS1 games if I sold off my PS3.

My PS3 is not going anywhere.

Caryslan

RegalSin

It depends? Can you emulate the games on your computer. If no, I would hold off until that day occurs. Some PCE and Saturn games are still unable to run correctly. So I would hold off until everything is flying fast.

What is going to happen nations are going to start to outlaw ownership of property. So be aware when the day comes when we are living in empty housing structures. They might try and kill us off quickly and put us down.
Radiation from phones and wireless devices already takes away our ability to hear high frequency channels ( like psychic ability or AKA God-net ), and has been proven to hurt men.

Also with all the women buying stuff mostly nowadays, no wonder why everything looks herded.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

SaiyanFury

@RegalSin: In a word, no. Emulating the PS3 is a monumental task considering how complicated the architecture of the system is. Just emulating the PS2 requires quite a powerful PC to emulate. I have a Saturn emulator, SSF I believe, and it works, however you need to original game discs for it to work. As such, the Saturn was also stupidly complicated due to it's dual CPU design so it could process 3D games to try to compete with the original PlayStation which was designed to play 3D games.

I will not get rid of my PS3, and as such not my PS2 or even my original PlayStation console. I still have my original Super Famicom/SNES and Genesis/SEGA CD/32X, Atari 2600, SEGA Master System and others. I've also got many handhelds that I do emulate, but I shall never get rid of the systems I had as a kid that still work fine. The PS4 is a powerful console, but it cannot emulate PS3 or PS2 games. It can stand alone as the fabulous games keep coming, but I still have a plethora of games that I don't want to give up.

As for when nations start to outlaw ownership of property, I'll avoid getting into politics as this site frowns upon such conduct. If the US tries this, they'll have a heck of a fight trying to pry my consoles from my "cold, dead hands", to quote a famous US arms enthusiast from yesteryear, haha. Not like they'd know anyways, and I often refuse to let my consoles connect online, as I'm a strict isolationist. Keep your consoles! You never know when you might want to play something from a time past.

Sitting in the silence... Everlasting night breeze...
Kurasugite mienai dake sa... ...
Sitting in the silence...
Dream Scape

usb

There is little point in selling it for how much I would get back. There are also a few games I would play on it including Mass Effect Trilogy and Skyrim. Also I tend to still come across games that I never got to play so handy to have around. The PS Plus is also giving away some decent games so might as well download them ever month. I do need a new controller though but not willing to pay our for a new official one so will get a cheap wired one.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.