Forums

Topic: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Coming to vita! :3

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Enobmah_Shards

This is exciting news for the vita, but I wonder how it will run on a portable system?

What are your thoughts on this and do you think it will help the vita out here in the U.S?

Edited on by Enobmah_Shards

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Tasuki

Well I think it will run great on a portable system. Remember the first one was made for the 3DS and was later on ported to other systems so for that reason there is no question on how it will run.

As for helping the Vita out in the US its hard to say.  At this point I think nothing will help the Vita now.  I have noticed alot of Vita owners trading their Vitas in.  I have seen plenty for sale on Craigslist and in the Pennysaver.  If it was an exclusive maybe it would help the Vita but since it's not I don't see it helping much.  Most people who own a Vita and one of the other systems its on will more then likely get it on one of the other systems.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Gamer83

This would've been a cool announcement, if a PS4 version didn't exist. I'd just rather play RE on a big screen and I'm thinking the PS4/X1 versions will be the big sellers. That said, always nice to know there's the option to take the game on the go if you want to, hopefully it's a good port.

Gamer83

Enobmah_Shards
Tasuki

Well I think it will run great on a portable system. Remember the first one was made for the 3DS and was later on ported to other systems so for that reason there is no question on how it will run.

As for helping the Vita out in the US its hard to say.  At this point I think nothing will help the Vita now.  I have noticed alot of Vita owners trading their Vitas in.  I have seen plenty for sale on Craigslist and in the Pennysaver.  If it was an exclusive maybe it would help the Vita but since it's not I don't see it helping much.  Most people who own a Vita and one of the other systems its on will more then likely get it on one of the other systems.

Sorry about earlier Tasuki.

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

JaxonH

It'll be great on Vita. I played the first on 3DS and tbh, it felt right at home on a handheld. Granted, the 3DS version allowed for multiple control options, and instead of dual analog via CPP I preferred aiming with gyro, it just felt natural on a handheld. Played the whole game through to the end and then played it again a second time in co-op online with my brother (RAID mode).

As long as they don't try to map controls to the dang touch screen or rear touchpad, this should be a solid release (too many a Vita game ruined by those dang "touch the corner of the screen" or "tap the rear touch pad" control schemes).

As for helping the Vita, well, I think that ship has sailed unfortunately. Many other games (better games) have landed on Vita to no avail. Thankfully, a system does not require commercial success for us to enjoy it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

Enobmah_Shards

I hope this doesn't become vaporware like the resident evil for psp... *fingers crossed*

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

Gamer83

Well, looks like we finally have a release date for the Vita version, in North America anyway... August 18. Still not sure how it will translate, you could tell while it was a budget game it was still a much bigger project than the original. I hope it turns out well though, I'd love a version to take on the go.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

themcnoisy

Nice, never expected that. Hopefully the Vita gains a little traction now. Although it dead in the west now, the jp market can keep my free games every month coming.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

mr_snout

JaxonH wrote:

It'll be great on Vita. I played the first on 3DS and tbh, it felt right at home on a handheld. Granted, the 3DS version allowed for multiple control options, and instead of dual analog via CPP I preferred aiming with gyro, it just felt natural on a handheld. Played the whole game through to the end and then played it again a second time in co-op online with my brother (RAID mode).

As long as they don't try to map controls to the dang touch screen or rear touchpad, this should be a solid release (too many a Vita game ruined by those dang "touch the corner of the screen" or "tap the rear touch pad" control schemes).

As for helping the Vita, well, I think that ship has sailed unfortunately. Many other games (better games) have landed on Vita to no avail. Thankfully, a system does not require commercial success for us to enjoy it.

Yeah, kinda sad- as a huge Nintendo fan and Wii U owner I know that story- X release will boost sales..... Just wait. Gonna guess that the Wii U will finish with more lifetime sales, as I think there are some gamers who will buy a Wii U when Zelda releases or even in anticipation of zelda. But it won't be by much. However, you are correct- for both Wii U and Vita, I won't enjoy the games any less because nobody else is buying them.

mr_snout

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.