Forums

Topic: Does anyone else think Uncharted 3 is much better than Uncharted 2?

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Jaz007

I just finished a replay through of the Uncharted trilogy, and it got me thinking. I've always thought Uncharted 3 is better than Uncharted 2 in every way, but I always see everyone else put Uncharted 2 above 3. I see it when people talk about the best PS3 game, I see when people talk about which one is better, I see it everywhere, but I just don't get it. For me, it was all better in Uncharted 3. I liked the characters more, the tone was better, the set pieces were a lot better and more frequent, and the story was definitely a step up. You also had the game mechanics, which were so much more refined. The melee system was a giant improvement, the shooting was better, throwing back grenades was a great idea, and the graphics were better. Don't get me wrong, I still think Uncharted 2 was an amazing game, but the series entered true amazingness with Uncharted 3. The only thing I can think of that would bias me was the fact that I played Uncharted 3 before 2, but it was a bit of time between when I played the two and that still wouldn't explain how I like the story, characters, tone, set pieces, etc.. better. So why does everyone one else think Uncharted 2 is better, was it the big jump between 1 and 2, or do you agree with me that Uncharted 3 is better?

Jaz007

irken004

I prefer 3 as well, but 2 is still amazing. I feel like many of the game mechanics and the story were more fleshed out in 3, plus it looks so freaking good.

imtom2002

I felt the story in three fell flat. I was really gettin into it and I thought the woman was a great bad guy but it all jus fell apart towards the end I also thought that the story was written just to have the locations like the ship graveyard and stuff, I dunno it just didn't seem to flow so well. 2 had great pacing and was just a lot more memorable for me.

imtom2002

PSN: parkins_14

Gamer83

I like 3 but felt the controls weren't as tight as in 2. That did effect my enjoyment a bit.

Gamer83

TylerBH

The entire Uncharted Trilogy is fantastic, but in my opinion Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the best game in the series. So I agree with you!

Ever sense I played the GBA I saw Hyrule, saved Peach, defeated the Underworld, flew in the Arwing and went on many adventures on other consoles.

Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XVI Ratchet and Clank: The Movie and PS4!

PSN: tyler_is_so_cool

sinalefa

I always put the second before the third. Indeed 2 made a huge leap and then 3's improvements seem small by comparison. I remember I platinumed 1 and 2 not long after getting them, while it took me forever to beat 3 on Crushing because I always procrastinated.

It was nice to see Sully and Nate when they met, but maybe a bit more flashbacks would have made the story more interesting. Like filling the gaps a bit more between that period and Uncharted 1.

But one thing is sure, I got a lot more of the multiplayer in 3 since it had splitscreen, so my bro and I would play a lot of it.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

EyeDeeNO76

I say Uncharted 2 Among Thieves because of the story in Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception like imtom2002 said the story fell flat but I will more specific it was the ending that fell flat for me but I did like the visuals in Uncharted 3 for a few examples, when working your way through an upside down cruise ship (The Seaward) and fighting across a ship graveyard also who didn't like cargo plane braking up in midair over the Rub' al Khali desert. As for the multilayer, I was not a fan of both games having a multilayer aspect.

Edited on by EyeDeeNO76

It is not a X button... it's a cross button. Because they are symbols not letters.

PSN: Death_to_Xbox_

Splat

2,3 then 1.

My ranking.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.