Forums

Topic: Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age: Inquisition

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

SteveButler2210

So, I've got a bit of a dilemma, today I'm going to be heading over to Game to trade in a few 3DS games and pick up something new with the store credit. At the moment I'm torn between these two.

I loved what I played of Far Cry 3 but never completed it as I got sidetracked by other games - however, I love the new setting for 4, and in general all the footage I've seen of it just looks pretty damn fun.

As far as Dragon Age: Inquisition goes, I wasn't particularly interested in this until recently, as the early trailers didn't exactly wow me, but from everything I've heard in reviews it sounds incredible. I loved Bioware's choose your way system in the ME series, and I'm a big fan of the fantasy genre in general. The only thing I'm uncertain on is the combat system, as I never played either of the PS3 Dragon Age games and can't work out how I feel about it (generally speaking I like my rpgs traditional or a bit faster paced, this seems to occupy a bit of a middle ground) - anybody able to give some comparisons as to what it plays like? I did like the blend of action and tactics in FFXII, but this looks a lot more detailed and a little less close to the action.

Graphically they both look fantastic as far as I can tell, so that's not really a big factor for me, although I can't help but feel that the combat seems a little less impressive / immersive in DA due to the zoomed out camera?

Give me your thoughts people - have you played one (or both) of them, what are the pros and cons?

Cheers!

(EDIT: should probably add I'm also willing to consider other games that people would see as "must buys" that should take priority - only retail games I have for PS4 are TLOU, MGS:GZ, KZ and FFXIV:ARR. I will be trading in an X360 for c.£100 soon as well though, so was planning to wait until then to grab the older cheaper games like Second Son and Watch Dogs etc...)

Edited on by Tasuki

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

ShogunRok

On Dragon Age combat, you can basically play it like an action RPG if you want. Think of it as an MMO-style system, where you've got skills and cooldowns, but everything's in real time. If you dodge an enemy's attack, you dodge it -- you're not bound by the math.

It's a mix that's hard to explain, but if you like RPGs and fantasy, Inquisition is one of the best games on the market, without a doubt, although its systems may take a little getting used to if you're not familiar with the franchise.

And I can't comment on Far Cry 4 -- haven't played it yet.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

SteveButler2210

Ah ok, that sounds like the type of system I can work with. To be honest I've been doing some more reading up during the day and out of the two I definitely think Inquisition is the way to go for me. It's either that or pick up Watch Dogs, Second Son and Wolfenstein all pre-owned for a similar total cost.

In the end I think it's going to be Inquisition - with all the big releases inbound in the new year, I'm not sure I'll find the time to play it if I don't go for it now! Still, between this and Pokémon my free time is about to take a serious knock!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Victor_Meldrew

Inquisition no doubt. I loved FC3 and I'll love FC4. But, Dragon Age Inquisition is probably my favourite game on any PlayStation console ever. 9/10 for me and I'm pretty harsh, only Fallout 3/New Vegas, South Park Stick of Truth, Dark Souls II, Far Cry 3 and The Last of Us are on a par-ish.

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.