Forums

Topic: Language on Push Square

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Tasuki

Hello fellow Pushsquarers,

Just a friendly reminder to all (this is not addressed to anyone at all) but I have noticed the last few weeks some colorful language floating around the site and even a few F bombs.

Now I understand that we are aimed at an older group of people then say NintendoLife but just the same we want to keep this place a friendly place.  Now where I stand I dont mind a few words here and there but if it offends people and I get reports then I have to step in and edit some posts.  I have noticed from both new users and a few users that have been around that the language has been on the rise and I will ask to please refrain from using these words (I am sure you all know what I am talking about) and just choose other words.  Please be considerate to your other Push Square users and tone down the language.  If I continue to see it rise I will have no choice but to start handing out punishments i.e. temp bans or even permanent bans for repeat  offenders. 

I hope you all take heed of this cause I really don't want to have to ban anyone over something that can be so easy avoidable.  As always if you have any questions let me know.

Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Gemuarto

If you really don't want, then don't ban. What's the problem?

Gemuarto

Tasuki

Banning is an extreme case I admit but if I have asked a user several times to please watch the language then really I have no other choice.  I will give a person several warnings on most things, language, trolling, flaming etc. but if they don't head my warnings well they leave me with no alternative. 

I honesty don't want to have to edit posts all day or ban people but I also want this place to be a friendly respectful place for all users to be comfortable.  I dont mind some stuff like but when I get a report from someone well then I look over the situation and go from there. If there is an F bomb well then yeah that is unacceptable and I will edit it and give the user a warning.  If its something small like this game is badass for example I might overlook it unless of course it is making some one uncomfortable.  Of course in all due respect I don't see why we can't use other words in a public forum.  Basically it goes under the be courteous of other users rule.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.