Forums

Topic: Advertising on Pushsquare

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Tasuki

Hello fellow Pushsquarers,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoy the community here.  I have to say I have notice alot of growth in our community over the past few weeks and am excited to see even more as we get closer to the holiday season and beyond.  I know Sammy and the gang have some exciting things coming for 2015 with possible Pushsquare gatherings on games and such, but that's for another discussion.

I just want to cover a subject today that has been creeping up not so much in a bad way but I have had a few questions of the matter so I wanted to let you all know where I stand on this so there is no miscommunitcation.

Now I realize with the latest update to the PS4 came the Youtube app and the fact that Youtube is a big part of gaming its just nature that a few of us might have Youtube channels or want to share a particular Youtube channel with others.  While this is great and I understand that its everyone's goal to topple Pew Die Pie for most subscribers, creating a thread for the sole purpose of advertising will not be allowed here. If you want to advertise your Youtube channel please use your signature.

The reason being is we really dont need a bunch of come check out my Youtube channel threads all over the forums.  For one thing it just clutters up the forums and it also adds alot of stress to the servers.  Also any sort of begging is not allowed on the forums and that goes with asking people to check out your channel or subscribe or anything similar to that.  Doing so can lead to being banned from Pushsquare.

Now concerning article comments and existing threads these are not place for you to advertise a Youtube channel either.  If for example the thread is a GTA V and you want to show off a video you made that's fine but don't post it in a way that advertises your channel.  For example dont ask people to visit your channel once you say that it becomes an advertisement, Which is against community rules. This also goes for threads created without much thought just to advertise a Youtube channel.  What I mean by that is posts that contain very little then just a link to a site as this comes off as advertising.  If I do see this then your comment/post my be edited or your thread will be locked or even deleted. 

I hope this clears up some things but if you have any questions please reply to the post and I will be happy to answer them.

As always thanks for being such a great community.

Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

AdamNovice

Thanks for the heads up Tasuki, wasn't sure if it was ok to name my YouTube channel or not.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

SteveButler2210
Tasuki

Hello fellow Pushsquarers,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoy the community here.  I have to say I have notice alot of growth in our community over the past few weeks and am excited to see even more as we get closer to the holiday season and beyond.  I know Sammy and the gang have some exciting things coming for 2015 with possible Pushsquare gatherings on games and such, but that's for another discussion.

I just want to cover a subject today that has been creeping up not so much in a bad way but I have had a few questions of the matter so I wanted to let you all know where I stand on this so there is no miscommunitcation.

Now I realize with the latest update to the PS4 came the Youtube app and the fact that Youtube is a big part of gaming its just nature that a few of us might have Youtube channels or want to share a particular Youtube channel with others.  While this is great and I understand that its everyone's goal to topple Pew Die Pie for most subscribers, creating a thread for the sole purpose of advertising will not be allowed here. If you want to advertise your Youtube channel please use your signature.

The reason being is we really dont need a bunch of come check out my Youtube channel threads all over the forums.  For one thing it just clutters up the forums and it also adds alot of stress to the servers.  Also any sort of begging is not allowed on the forums and that goes with asking people to check out your channel or subscribe or anything similar to that.  Doing so can lead to being banned from Pushsquare.

Now concerning article comments and existing threads these are not place for you to advertise a Youtube channel either.  If for example the thread is a GTA V and you want to show off a video you made that's fine but don't post it in a way that advertises your channel.  For example dont ask people to visit your channel once you say that it becomes an advertisement, Which is against community rules. This also goes for threads created without much thought just to advertise a Youtube channel.  What I mean by that is posts that contain very little then just a link to a site as this comes off as advertising.  If I do see this then your comment/post my be edited or your thread will be locked or even deleted. 

I hope this clears up some things but if you have any questions please reply to the post and I will be happy to answer them.

As always thanks for being such a great community.

Tasuki

Good to get clarity on that. Out of interest, what's the stance on advertising stuff that we are not personally tied to, like Kickstarter campaigns etc? I shared one on the forums not that long ago and, while for me it was more about showing everyone something I thought was pretty cool, I suppose it is also advertising after a fashion.

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Tasuki

@SteveButler2210:  Again its how you present it.  If you want to start up a discussion about it then that's fine.  For example if (I know this is long past but this is the first thing that popped into my head) Mighty No. 9.  If you create the thread to discuss Mighty No 9 its going through Kickstart its ok to mention kickstart page to discuss it.  Just don't ask people to go there and give money or something along those lines.

Hers's a good example.

Hey guys Mighty No. 9 is a new game by the creator of Megaman.  Currently hes got a kickstart page and the game looks promising.  I like the look of Beck and some of the bosses.  What do you guys think what are some ideas you want to see for Might No. 9 are you excited to see this game?

Bad Example

Hey guys Might No. 9 is a game made by the creator of Mega Man.  I really want to see this game made so go to (insert link here) to pledge some money.

Thanks

So hopefully you can see the difference between the good example and the bad example.

Obviously if people want to know more about the kickstart project then can google it and find where to go to support it etc.  And if you want you can leave a link to the page in your signature and people will see it that way too.  Especially if you put a short description of the link too in your signature  For example Might No. 9 Kickstart Page, rather then just a link that no one has a clue about.

Hope that clears it up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.