Forums

Topic: The order 1886-Looks like our worst fears have been realised.

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

Davros79

Every single games journalist who had hands on time with this game at PAX, TOKYO and Gamescom have had NOTHING but bad things to say aboutt it!, "Arkwakd clunky movement" "poor aiming gunplay" an a "horrible zoomed in gameplay camera"

gorgeous graphics, but terrible gameplay......

This game had so much potential , what a shame

Edited on by Davros79

Davros79

JJ2

I say give the dev a chance to deliver a full game and wait for a 'proper' review before quickly judging a game from a few minutes demo. All for now is a matter of opinion on 'previews' or a few minutes demo. So many games I find personally daft or just arent for me like FPS but I dont judge them as its all a matter of opinion. I still have good opinion about the game to be great mainly for immersive / realistic story/gameplay
Plus its not true that only bad things were said.. In particular the demo with the werewolf guy chasing Galahad had very good critics really.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Demi_God

What do you really expect though.  With 100% focus on graphics, this is going to be nothing more then what Ryse was, which was overhyped beyond belief when the actual game blew completely.   All This game is really made for is to show the graphic capabilities and nothing more, so I wouldn't expect great gameplay from this game.   I won't buy it.   It's like Killzone all over again.

Edited on by Demi_God

Demi_God

Punished_Boss_84

Yeah, um, we are not even in 2015 yet.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

Davros79
Punished_Boss

Yeah, um, we are not even in 2015 yet.

I know that, but the game launches in February!! Dont u think that its abit worrying that the games general feel and mechanics are being criticized so heavily?

It is afterall, a cover shooter, which apparently Doesn't do covering or shooting very well.

But You're right i suppose in 5 months time, they can turn this into a great game.(if they change every gameplay mechanic, They've built already!)

Edited on by Davros79

Davros79

JJ2

Like I said its not true that everything said about the game is bad.
Here a link
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/ps4-game … d-trailers

also on IGN you could see Colin (who was very biased against the game) praising the demo he played fighting a werewolf (or whatever you want to call them)

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

larry_koopa
Davros79

Every single games journalist who had hands on time with this game at PAX, TOKYO and Gamescom have had NOTHING but bad things to say aboutt it!, "Arkwakd clunky movement" "poor aiming gunplay" an a "horrible zoomed in gameplay camera"

Yeah, and the developers are seeing all of this just like you are.  The game will be released in February.  This is September.  Plenty of time for this stuff to be rectified.  Why don't you just calm down.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Davros79
Diddy_kong
Davros79

Yeah, and the developers are seeing all of this just like you are.  The game will be released in February.  This is September.  Plenty of time for this stuff to be rectified.  Why don't you just calm down.

i am calm ? Just voicing my concerns over a game i want to be great, thats all. Why dont you stop telling people what to do in such condescending manner?

Edited on by Davros79

Davros79

get2sammyb

I think it's been mixed rather than wholly negative. Honestly, when it comes to this game, personally, I've been wooed by the setting, and don't really need much else. I can't wait for it, but I do understand where the concerns and criticisms are coming from. I haven't played it yet, so hope the moment to moment action lives up to the visuals/fiction.

sinalefa

I also say give them time, but each day I am less hyped about this. Looks like any other shooter to me, just with the Victorian setting to spice things up a little.

But if the game is really flawed, a few months of polish will help but won't fix it.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

AdamNovice

I get the concerns but one thing to keep in mind that the demos that were at E3, Gamescom and Pax were the same demo (my guess that it may well have been a April or May build) the werewolf stuff were just in trailers. So hopefully in the near future we might get a fresh hands on previews.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Bread-Not-Toast

The set up looks interesting and promising, just hope it doesn't disappoint, but I feel it's going to Ryse all over again.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

PSN: Crossword-Man

CThrash13

The developers stated today that the build that's been shown so far is "ancient", and that's great to hear.  I've been interested in this game since it was announced, and it was definitely a factor in me choosing PS4 over XBox One along with a couple other games.  I'm hopeful it ends up being a very deep and interesting story mode because the game looks great!  The setting is one of the best I've seen as well, so it has potential to be great.

CThrash13

Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

I'll echo the words of others. We have no idea how old the playable build was at PAX. The mechanics could have been refined to the point of overhaul by now.

Look at the ill fated 1313; by the time we all saw the beautiful in-engine cover-shooter tech' demo, it had already been changed in to a Boba Fett game with mechanics built around his rocket pack and grapple (that was apparently amazing).

I'm not suggesting that The Order will have undergone that drastic a change, but months of development time could have passed beyond the playable build.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

AdamNovice
KALofKRYPTON

I'll echo the words of others. We have no idea how old the playable build was at PAX. The mechanics could have been refined to the point of overhaul by now.

Look at the ill fated 1313; by the time we all saw the beautiful in-engine cover-shooter tech' demo, it had already been changed in to a Boba Fett game with mechanics built around his rocket pack and grapple (that was apparently amazing).

I'm not suggesting that The Order will have undergone that drastic a change, but months of development time could have passed beyond the playable build.

Another more technical example is The Last of Us. Despite the huge hype going in, the truth was the game didn't come together till the final few weeks of development. They even had to delay by a few weeks to stop the framerate from tanking all the time. And of course the rest is history.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

get2sammyb

I played the demo of this at Eurogamer earlier in the year, and it's close to impossible to glean anything meaningful from it. It's literally like 10 minutes from Chapter Three if I recall correctly, which means there's a ton of world building, gameplay tutorials, and very little in the way of meat.

I honestly think this demo was mostly conceived to showcase the cut-scene to gameplay transitions, as many people thought the first trailer that was shown at E3 was CGI, which we now know it wasn't.

If the full game goes the way I think it will, I imagine it's going to be a little bit like a Resistance game, in that all of your weapons will have 'gimmicks'. The Thermite Rifle is a great example of this. My hope is that later encounters will see you simultaneously battling the Resistance and the Half-breeds.

Sony's done an abysmal job of showing off most of its first-party games so far this generation, so I hope Ready at Dawn's giving it some harsh feedback, because it can't be happy this demo is still being used to represent its game.

SuperSilverback

Im gona give them the benefit of the doubt. They made 2 God of War games that had better storys and gameplay than the 4 main games. I mean, if they can make me like Kratos and actually show him being vulnerable, then yeah im gona wait til The Order is out before I trash it.

As for the gameplay, its a 3rd person shooter. What can they do to make it revolutionary that hasnt already been done? Its the setting thats got me real hyped.

Cryptic Metaphor!
PSN: Super-Silverback

PSN: Super-Silverback | Twitter:

Aviator

I've been swooned by the facial hair.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SteveButler2210
SuperSilverback

Im gona give them the benefit of the doubt. They made 2 God of War games that had better storys and gameplay than the 4 main games. I mean, if they can make me like Kratos and actually show him being vulnerable, then yeah im gona wait til The Order is out before I trash it.

As for the gameplay, its a 3rd person shooter. What can they do to make it revolutionary that hasnt already been done? Its the setting thats got me real hyped.

This is exactly what my thoughts are when I see people saying "oh the shooting looks so generic". Guys, it's a linear 3rd person cover shooter, chances are that the gameplay is always going to be fairly generic, there's simply only so much you can do within that genre. If it weren't for the bold set pieces and the fantastic writing, the Uncharted games would be generic too. It's largely the scripting and the setting these days that enable a game in this genre to set itself apart from it's peers. People really need to give this more of a chance, particularly when we've only seen tiny fragments of it so far. This is still one of my most anticipated titles!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.