Forums

Topic: Do you think PS TV will help the Vita get any better next year?

Posts 21 to 21 of 21

RobbEJay
rjejr

They didn't call it Vita TV or even PS Vita TV, it's simply PS TV, that should tell you something right there.

I still want 1, and I think the Vita can stick around as a PS4 controller - see PS Move - but its days of being sold as it's own gaming machine are over. PS TV is a streaming device for PS4 and Netflix that plays a few Vita games. I don't imagine it selling very well. Not even Vita numbers.

I'm actually kinda worried about that myself. From what I've seen quite a few people don't quite know what the PSTV is. They don't know its basically just a Vita or even that the "hundreds" of games are PSN games, they think its a 'dumb' box for PSNow and PS4 remote play. They seem to think those hundreds of games are through PSNow as far as I can tell.

I don't really care if they rebrand it or anything if it means the Vita as a whole does better and gets more support, but Sony doesn't exactly have the best track-record when it comes to marketing and seeing things through. I'm worried Sony will focus too much on streaming and leave consumers just as confused as they were from the start.

RobbEJay

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.