Forums

Topic: Is Sony unfair with small localizations companies.....

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

DualWielding

It seems nowadays any indy game would get pushed to no end by Sony to the point its becoming kinda annoying... However the works of small companies like Xseed, Aksys and NISA who bring Playstation exclusives to the west at no cost for Sony never really get any promotion from Sony......

PSN: Fertheseeker

Punished_Boss_84

Indies = PS3 <> PS4 > PS Vita.
Niche titles = PS Vita > PS3 > PS4.

Thats why.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

grenworthshero

Companies like Xseed and Aksys make mostly cult hits and niche titles and their fanbase doesn't need much promotion anyway, as the kind of people who buy those games are the kind of people who actively search for them or follow everything those specific companies do. It would be stupid for Sony to waste money promoting them because I don't think it would really increase sales enough to be worth it, since the sort of people buying those games already know about them.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

PSN: grenworthshero

get2sammyb

It's also worth remembering that it's not really Sony's job to promote these games, even if it is in their best interest. I think they do promote them, though - many of these titles often appear on the PlayStation Blog, and on the company's various social media channels.

DualWielding

@grenworthshero and @get2sammyb the problem I see is that by not promoting these kind of games and shoving indies down people throats they reinforce the view that Vita is and indiestation and that in Playstation 4 only indies await....

PSN: Fertheseeker

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.