Forums

Topic: Minecraft PS4 Thread

Posts 21 to 29 of 29

ZeD
TheLobster

I just started playing Minecraft for the first time literally yesterday. I'm only level two. (I've killed two spiders! In the day...) I spawned in a mostly flat forest so I had to dig my house out of the dirt and guess what? There's like no stone around! I don't know how I managed that one but there aren't any mountains or anything. Across some water there is a desert. I've gone around pretty decently and I thought I had a good bead on some stone in this hill but almost immediately it turned into an underground lake.

I'm afraid to go too far from my little house, though, lol, because I'm still bad at making shelter for the night, especially without a mountain to dig into.

I find the best thing to do is craft a few doors (seriously) & torches and when you go mining dig yourself a litle shelt wherever you are and place a door and a few torches.  Hold out for the night and return home when you have the supplies you need.  Always best to place a bed in these little stop of points as yo0u can respawn back to them when you die.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

Bread-Not-Toast

I just hope the retail version comes out quick.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

PSN: Crossword-Man

TheLobster
ZeD
TheLobster

I just started playing Minecraft for the first time literally yesterday. I'm only level two. (I've killed two spiders! In the day...) I spawned in a mostly flat forest so I had to dig my house out of the dirt and guess what? There's like no stone around! I don't know how I managed that one but there aren't any mountains or anything. Across some water there is a desert. I've gone around pretty decently and I thought I had a good bead on some stone in this hill but almost immediately it turned into an underground lake.

I'm afraid to go too far from my little house, though, lol, because I'm still bad at making shelter for the night, especially without a mountain to dig into.

I find the best thing to do is craft a few doors (seriously) & torches and when you go mining dig yourself a litle shelt wherever you are and place a door and a few torches.  Hold out for the night and return home when you have the supplies you need.  Always best to place a bed in these little stop of points as yo0u can respawn back to them when you die.

Thanks! This helped and I have my second base up and running because I found stone. I'm making a little porch and I found a place to farm wheat and sugar cane and all that good stuff. (Not really sure WHY I'm farming wheat and sugar cane except it looks nice.) My house is still a dirt hovel though, this time carved out of a mountain instead of the ground!

I have a problem where I can't jump up more than two squares off the ground. I was trying to build a beacon so I didn't get lost by alternating putting dirt under me and next to me (so I wouldn't just fall down once I'd built the beacon) and it wouldn't let me put more than two squares under me no matter what I did. So I tried to build stairs and I could only get them to go three high. Three blocks high is not much of a beacon for when you get lost.

Super Mario Maker Bookmark Page

PSN: darth_lobster | Twitter:

NathanUC

My castle! It's not finished and it's pretty much just a giant open room with chests, furnaces, enchanting table, and beds.. Every time I get enough materials to improve my castle I also seem to find more exciting caves to explore.

V0usDXu.jpg

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

ZeD
TheLobster
ZeD
TheLobster

Thanks! This helped and I have my second base up and running because I found stone. I'm making a little porch and I found a place to farm wheat and sugar cane and all that good stuff. (Not really sure WHY I'm farming wheat and sugar cane except it looks nice.) My house is still a dirt hovel though, this time carved out of a mountain instead of the ground!

I have a problem where I can't jump up more than two squares off the ground. I was trying to build a beacon so I didn't get lost by alternating putting dirt under me and next to me (so I wouldn't just fall down once I'd built the beacon) and it wouldn't let me put more than two squares under me no matter what I did. So I tried to build stairs and I could only get them to go three high. Three blocks high is not much of a beacon for when you get lost.

Wheat is really important at the start!  Get yourself a good system going for growing it because you use it to make bread.  Sugar cane becomes, well sugar and again is used for making food.
What I have set up is a wheat farm, a sugar cane, a pumpkin farm and a chicken farm.  Sugar + Pumpkin + Egg = Pumkin Pie - a great but simple food to make.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Wheat

Have a look around the above wiki - I have set the link up to wheat for you so you get the idea!  I was up at 2 am this morning sorting my farm out!  Will post a picture later this evening after I have caught myself some cows!

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

TheLobster
ZeD
TheLobster

I'm making a cactus farm so I can put them around my house and when mobs walk into them, they die.

How is your world going?  This is mine from my last play;

http://imgur.com/a/xhBFH#0

Your world is going better than mine, I was mining clay and got sucked into the current caused by my mined blocks and drowned, lost 27 levels, then going back for my stuff I drowned again. It was a comedy of errors. I've also had a hell of a time finding diamond even though I'm branch mining; I keep running into lava though and I know diamond is near lava. I have stacks of obsidian because I have found enough to make a diamond pickaxe. It's just the weirdest shortages, I think I spawned in a bad place. You don't want to know how much redstone I have though and I have a ton of those other stones used for dyes... My house isn't very big yet because I am not that good at coming up with designs but I love the creative aspect (though I do play in survival mode exclusively). Haven't done much fighting but I'm OK at it.

One of my best friends works at a GameStop, she was the manager on duty during the midnight launch of Destiny and her store was the one in the local group that sold the most PS4s, over 50 (I think 54) so she won a PS4. She's waiting for the retail release of Minecraft but once that happens we're going to play together and I'm very excited for that, hopefully I'll get much better with a friend.

Super Mario Maker Bookmark Page

PSN: darth_lobster | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.