Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 181 to 200 of 381

irken004

If anyone hasn't added me, feel free to. I'm working on venus and mars stuff to finish the story... despite having a lvl 20 warlock now. So I'll need some help with tougher missions to get more rare armor/weapons.
PSN irken005

Edited on by irken004

Faruko

I find it quite stupid that every enemy gives you the same amount of experience regardless of level, so killing a lvl 1 enemy gives the same experience as a lvl 20

terrible game desing in that regard IMO

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

ZeD

I am currently sitting at level 7 working my way through the story so if any one wants to jump on with me please feel free to add me (zedmayer).  I play most night at about 9pm-late

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

ZeD

I feel like I am missing the point of this game somewhere :/
I really want to push through the story but the missions are some of the worst I have ever played!  Currently on the moon with 3 witches - does it get any better it am I missing the point?
Also what does the yellow levels mean. I see a lot players with them...

ZeD

Scollurio

ZeD, no offense man, but you should invest yourself more into the game, if you don't even know about the yellow levels (it's the light levels, further enhancing your char past Level 20, it's basicly armor and items that give you "+XXnumber of light" and all of them added together gives you an additional level ontop of your level 20 base).

That said I've played well over 65 hours now, done every single mission multiple times, done all the Queen content ad nauseum, played 74 strikes and about 200 crucible matches. I've always been a vivid defender of Destiny, I was the guy saying "wait and see" and "there's a huge story buried underneath, the signs are everywhere" and still I think I like Destiny, but the content is too thing, everything is too widely spread. If there is DLC coming in december, and its only supposedly 3 story missions, 2 strikes, 1 raid and a few new items and bounties, well ... I doubt many players will be left playing Destiny by then, it's already thinning out considerably. There is just nothing to do anymore that doesn't feel "tedious" and "been there, done that, a million times over". I already got the season pass so I'll definitely give Destiny a chance with the DLCs but I have to say, and it hurts to say, I think in the sense of "establishing a franchise that we can milk for cash and people love for 10 years to come" Destiny is a major failure. Most things feel so well crafted, look and sound even better, but the loot system truly is garbage, there are so many loopholes in the game where it's obvious that they're slowing your progress on purpose to make the little content there is last longer, etc...

That said I agree with the 7/10 ratings for Destiny now, truly hope there will be Story related DLC, cutscenes, etc... coming our way!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

ZeD
Scollurio

ZeD, no offense man, but you should invest yourself more into the game, if you don't even know about the yellow levels (it's the light levels, further enhancing your char past Level 20, it's basicly armor and items that give you "+XXnumber of light" and all of them added together gives you an additional level ontop of your level 20 base).

That said I've played well over 65 hours now, done every single mission multiple times, done all the Queen content ad nauseum, played 74 strikes and about 200 crucible matches. I've always been a vivid defender of Destiny, I was the guy saying "wait and see" and "there's a huge story buried underneath, the signs are everywhere" and still I think I like Destiny, but the content is too thing, everything is too widely spread. If there is DLC coming in december, and its only supposedly 3 story missions, 2 strikes, 1 raid and a few new items and bounties, well ... I doubt many players will be left playing Destiny by then, it's already thinning out considerably. There is just nothing to do anymore that doesn't feel "tedious" and "been there, done that, a million times over". I already got the season pass so I'll definitely give Destiny a chance with the DLCs but I have to say, and it hurts to say, I think in the sense of "establishing a franchise that we can milk for cash and people love for 10 years to come" Destiny is a major failure. Most things feel so well crafted, look and sound even better, but the loot system truly is garbage, there are so many loopholes in the game where it's obvious that they're slowing your progress on purpose to make the little content there is last longer, etc...

That said I agree with the 7/10 ratings for Destiny now, truly hope there will be Story related DLC, cutscenes, etc... coming our way!

None taken mate.  Problem is that I work 9-5 and have a family too.  My game time comes at about 8pm until I drop! xD
I want to invest the time but I feel like I am getting no where with it and as you can see my time frame is very small.  I have only put 4hr 40mins into (honestly I cannot believe this) and I feel like it has dragged so far.  I cannot defened the story as I have had a terrible experince with it so far :/

On the yellow levels, I wouldn't know what they are as I am only level 9! (I know pathetic!) Basically they are like the tiers off DCUO.

q1qIbqG.png
Me! XD

I really really want to love it and get into it more but there is a brick wall which I cannot get over

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

Victor_Meldrew

Dude, didn't you say you had like 86 plats? I only manage to get on around 8pm, still managed to plough  hundred hours into it somehow.

Victor_Meldrew

ZeD
Bad-MuthaAdebis

Dude, didn't you say you had like 86 plats? I only manage to get on around 8pm, still managed to plough  hundred hours into it somehow.

92 over 6+ years.....

Do you feel like you are being rewarded as you put the hours into it?  When I come away from it I feel like I may have wasted my time as I am not progressing.  I am leveling up so slowly as well & the weapons feel weak (might just be me).  I went into the crucible but I had a really bad experince with really over powered players.  Does not feel balanced at the moment in there.  Is there any other way of leveling?  Patrols I know about but I did them all on the moon and gained hardly anything!

With this I need a game plan to get me motivated!  What is it about the game which encourages you to put so many hours into it?  If I see what you do then it may get me motivated!

I will be playing online tonight at about 9ish if anyone wants to play along.  I really need a little help in the story to get past these damn witches!

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

Victor_Meldrew

I've really enjoyed it for the hundred hours, I'm taking a short while off, I'd say don't bother with crucible until you get decent weapons and armor at level 20+, I imagine the story ain't so easy if that's your main playing time, I didn't do most of the story until level 20 and didn't finish off until last week at level 28, also I found the apparent patch to drop legendary stuff total bs, I haven't had anything since that patch. Easiest way to level up is to do anything with bonus xp like bounties and certain crucible matches offer it too, most straight forward way to level up is just grind through the cosmodrome.

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

ZeD

I jumped into the banner event last night and had a blast! I was completing bounties and leveling up so quickly as I was aiming for certain weapons!
Is there anywhere else to buy weapons btw?

ZeD

Victor_Meldrew

There are three clans in the tower as well as the gunsmith, vanguard and crucible dudes and also whoever is your mentor or whatever related to your class, xur pops up at the weekend in random places from Friday to Sunday morning, he only sells stuff for strange coins and 13 being the minimum, he also sells exotic engrams for  usually 23 motes of light. Of course all of this stuff is for level 20+ only, only the gunsmith, cryptarch and class mentor sells green and blue junk.

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

ZeD
Bad-MuthaAdebis

There are three clans in the tower as well as the gunsmith, vanguard and crucible dudes and also whoever is your mentor or whatever related to your class, xur pops up at the weekend in random places from Friday to Sunday morning, he only sells stuff for strange coins and 13 being the minimum, he also sells exotic engrams for  usually 23 motes of light. Of course all of this stuff is for level 20+ only, only the gunsmith, cryptarch and class mentor sells green and blue junk.

All I can access is the guy whos sells the "green and blue junk".  It is all I can get as all I have is glimmer!  I am using this current event to level up quickly to level 20.  If I am understanding right, the light stuff is dropped from enemies once you hit level 20?

ZeD

Scollurio

Played the raid today for the first time.
Deleted Destiny afterwards.
Done.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Weskerb
Scollurio

Done.

Y U Mad?

Weskerb

Scollurio
Wesker
Scollurio

Done.

Y U Mad?

I've put almost 5 days of pure playtime into the game, killed over 23.000 things and repeated certain strikes up to 72 times. I'm just fed up with the game, but it goes deeper than that, I'm fed up with the timesink mechanics built into the whole game, the game that I WANTED to love, that I read all friggin grimoire cards about just to get somewhat involved in a story that might or might not be hidden somewhere. The raid was the only thing left I haven't seen yet and I spent more time waiting for people to join my raid party than actually playing the raid, because I was fed up so quick. Everything, and I mean everything in this game is just made to be an obstacle to you and keep you playing and grinding away until the next piece of DLC or "event" drops, which of course, keeps you grinding even more. The only thing that's missing that this game would need to round out the picture and impression I have of it would be a PAID ingame shop. Something where you can buy all the relic iron and spinmetal and helium you need to upgrade your exotic and legendary gear, which otherwise takes you ages of boring farming. Because this is how this game feels to me, it feels like a free to play title really.

My time is too precious for this. Also the feeling of accomplishment is so badly communicated...
Anyways, I got my money's worth of fun, but now I'm back to Minecraft and Diablo, which is by no means a bad thing!

Those of you who still enjoy it, good! Enjoy it!

#supportindies

arnoldlayne83
Scollurio
Wesker
Scollurio

Done.

Y U Mad?

I've put almost 5 days of pure playtime into the game, killed over 23.000 things and repeated certain strikes up to 72 times. I'm just fed up with the game, but it goes deeper than that, I'm fed up with the timesink mechanics built into the whole game, the game that I WANTED to love, that I read all friggin grimoire cards about just to get somewhat involved in a story that might or might not be hidden somewhere. The raid was the only thing left I haven't seen yet and I spent more time waiting for people to join my raid party than actually playing the raid, because I was fed up so quick. Everything, and I mean everything in this game is just made to be an obstacle to you and keep you playing and grinding away until the next piece of DLC or "event" drops, which of course, keeps you grinding even more. The only thing that's missing that this game would need to round out the picture and impression I have of it would be a PAID ingame shop. Something where you can buy all the relic iron and spinmetal and helium you need to upgrade your exotic and legendary gear, which otherwise takes you ages of boring farming. Because this is how this game feels to me, it feels like a free to play title really.

My time is too precious for this. Also the feeling of accomplishment is so badly communicated...
Anyways, I got my money's worth of fun, but now I'm back to Minecraft and Diablo, which is by no means a bad thing!

Those of you who still enjoy it, good! Enjoy it!

I have lost the interest in the game too for your same reasons.... it was just a "uhh I need spinmetal here, I need iron there, I have to do 25 strikes (!!!!!) to get an exotic weapon that I will probably never use...." after repeating ad libidum al the same stuff all over again I just got nauseated.... quit the game and never played again... Now I am totally sink into Diablo (too! with my girlfriend we are bringin our 2nd characters to lv 70), Thief (I was a superfan of the original), Driveclub and Lords of the Fallen (Which I find great).... Now I am enjoying gaming, going further in something... not wasting time farming nonsense.... What a let-down is Destiny on the long run

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Scollurio

@arnoldlayne83 Well said, all the games you mentioned are good ones. I'm also back to Diablo, enjoing lootbased grind-gameplay done RIGHT, with the satisfactory chance of something useful dropping with EVERY foe slain. I just wish Lords of the fallen had SOME kind of multiplayer/coop, as I am limited on time at the moment I'll probably pick it up in some game drought, but so far, im pretty busy with what I have, and Wrestling (its just too much fun couching it) and LBP3 are just around the corner. Oh yeah. And GTA V which I will buy the third time!

#supportindies

arnoldlayne83
Scollurio

@arnoldlayne83 Well said, all the games you mentioned are good ones. I'm also back to Diablo, enjoing lootbased grind-gameplay done RIGHT, with the satisfactory chance of something useful dropping with EVERY foe slain. I just wish Lords of the fallen had SOME kind of multiplayer/coop, as I am limited on time at the moment I'll probably pick it up in some game drought, but so far, im pretty busy with what I have, and Wrestling (its just too much fun couching it) and LBP3 are just around the corner. Oh yeah. And GTA V which I will buy the third time!

ehhehe i understand you! I am rushing Lords of the fallen now, doing my first playthrough... then with dragon age, far cry 4 and gtav i will be done, and with me my bank accont! I hope gamestop here is gonna do the usual "2 oldies for 1 new", otherwise i ll be broken (but very happy   )

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Jaz007

I was able to start this since PSN was back up last night. It's a pretty good game. The gunplay is really satisfying. There's nothing better than knifing someone in the face. I'm playing as the Hunter, which really fits my play style. You're either sniping, or trying to melee someone. Which is how I usually play games. And the agility is really useful for recovery. I've died less in Destiny than most other games I play. Sniping can be a bit harder at times. I'm not sure it's possible to snipe in the crucible though. Doesn't really matter since fusion rifles are best there though.
Speaking of the crucible (which is also the first competitive online MP I've played), I like it. I'm decent at it too (K/D above one). Well, at least when I'm not staying up late and tired. I got creamed when I was tired, and learned not to play competitive MP unless I can being my A-game. It's also frustrating to get taken out by a Lv. 26 abilities at Lv. 9 lol.
Another few thoughts. Dancing. The first that happened when I got into the tower was a guy waved at me, and then we danced. A highlights of the night. I also think the abilities take too long to cool down. Maybe it's because I'm only a Lv. 9 so far.

TL;DR Destiny is great, I'm gonna put a lot more time into it.

Jaz007

Scollurio
Jaz007

I was able to start this since PSN was back up last night. It's a pretty good game. The gunplay is really satisfying. There's nothing better than knifing someone in the face. I'm playing as the Hunter, which really fits my play style. You're either sniping, or trying to melee someone. Which is how I usually play games. And the agility is really useful for recovery. I've died less in Destiny than most other games I play. Sniping can be a bit harder at times. I'm not sure it's possible to snipe in the crucible though. Doesn't really matter since fusion rifles are best there though.
Speaking of the crucible (which is also the first competitive online MP I've played), I like it. I'm decent at it too (K/D above one). Well, at least when I'm not staying up late and tired. I got creamed when I was tired, and learned not to play competitive MP unless I can being my A-game. It's also frustrating to get taken out by a Lv. 26 abilities at Lv. 9 lol.
Another few thoughts. Dancing. The first that happened when I got into the tower was a guy waved at me, and then we danced. A highlights of the night. I also think the abilities take too long to cool down. Maybe it's because I'm only a Lv. 9 so far.

TL;DR Destiny is great, I'm gonna put a lot more time into it.

Im interested in hearing your impressions when you've reached Level 30, would you mind giving me some feedback then?

#supportindies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.