Forums

Topic: inFamous: First Light (Spoiler Discussion)

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Jaz007

I just beat First Light. It was really good DLC. They did a jood job of differing Fetch's power from Delsin's enough, and I quite liked her power set. The slow down was a great idea. I liked the new events like drive bys and hostage situations to stop in the world. Thought it added some needed flavor to the DLC. The story was really good too. I think Second Son's was still a bit better, but First Light's was still really good. Shane's transformation into an antagonist was good, I really hated him by the end. Felt really good to punish and then kill him. It was also sad when Fetch killer her brother. Speaking of which, I thought the drug scene was really with the hallucination scene was fantastic.
I haven't played them much, but the Battle Arenas are good, and I like how you can play them as Delsin if you own Second Son too.
One complaint I have since it's DLC, is that the world events like hostages and drive-bys can't be added to Second Son's open world. I think the main game should be expanded where possible with the DLC, shame it's not. Kind of dissapointed there.

Jaz007

get2sammyb

Yeah, I agree, it would be nice to see those extras brought into the main game. I love Fetch as a character, too -- I'd actually like to see her become the protagonist in a sequel, with Delsin perhaps having a cameo role. She's really, really fun to play as -- much more frantic than Delsin I feel.

I think inFAMOUS is still my favourite PS4 game. I don't think its sandbox is anywhere near as detailed as something like GTA, and its story never hits the highs of a Naughty Dog game - but it's just so darn fun to play. Sucker Punch really understands good controls in my opinion.

Jaz007

@Get2Sammy I agree with you on the controls. I think Sucker Punch has the best flow when it comes moving around in a game. They've shown this in both the Sly games and the inFamous games. I don't in any other game series (excluding Sly of course), I could say that simply moving around the open world is an activity in of itself. I waste so much time just running around in their games. (Probably more time than the actual story lasted lol)

Jaz007

ztpayne7
get2sammyb

I love Fetch as a character, too -- I'd actually like to see her become the protagonist in a sequel, with Delsin perhaps having a cameo role. She's really, really fun to play as -- much more frantic than Delsin I feel.

I'm actually not with you on this one.  I really liked playing as Fetch, but I think Delsin has way too much potential to be just a cameo.  I feel like the story was a lot about him growing and becoming super, but he never really felt challenged.  Almost to an extent how Cole needed something like the beast (although the lead up to the beast was much bigger than the final boss fight, in my opinion).  I really want to hear more about his story.

ztpayne7

Gamer83

Fetch has become one of the my favorite characters in the series (I still like the Cole the most eventhough it seems like pretty much everybody else hates him). There was some discussion on another forum I post at not too long after Second Son came out that was centered around if this series could do well with a female lead and this game answers the question that it absolutely could. I'm going to guess there will be a sequel to Second Son and I'd love to see Fetch play a bigger role, even if it's not as the main character, get her more involved and maybe even switch it up and let us play as multiple characters. It worked well for GTA V.

Gamer83

ztpayne7
Gamer83

Fetch has become one of the my favorite characters in the series (I still like the Cole the most eventhough it seems like pretty much everybody else hates him). There was some discussion on another forum I post at not too long after Second Son came out that was centered around if this series could do well with a female lead and this game answers the question that it absolutely could. I'm going to guess there will be a sequel to Second Son and I'd love to see Fetch play a bigger role, even if it's not as the main character, get her more involved and maybe even switch it up and let us play as multiple characters. It worked well for GTA V.

I think something along the lines of the character switch from GTA could be very interesting in an infamous game with the right people.  I don't know if Eugene is capable of being the third character...

ztpayne7

Tasuki

Just finished this game tonight and I really enjoyed it. It was short but that was to be expected since it was DLC but I really enjoyed playing as Fetch. I hope to see her come back in a sequel in some way as either the main character or another side character. Think now I might go back and replay Second Son.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.