Forums

Topic: Chat room?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Knux

Out of curiosity, when do you think we will see a chat room like the one on Nintendo Life?

Knux

lipnox

probably when there is a dedicated enough community to support a chat room. but im all for it if the staff at MoveModo were to consider doing it.

Same as always. All bark, and no bite!

zezhyrule

Oh there is a dedicated enough community already... You'd be surprised how many people would chat all the time but not ever post on the forums :3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

lipnox

in that case send a private message to James and see what he says. i cant imagine adding a room to existing chat room would be very difficult, and I would likely be on it all the time and not commenting on virtually everything on this website.

y2josh

Maybe its too much trouble than it's worth at the moment. I'd imagine chat rooms are harder to moderate than forums.

y2josh

James

It's not just that, but when our forum is getting a few posts a day it doesn't seem a good investment of time to offer a real-time chat area. The NL forums gets countless posts every day, so there it makes sense.

Maybe in the future, but right now I don't see it happening.

James

zezhyrule

Aww... It's true though, I would post more if there were more forum posts, but I guess if everyone thought like that there wouldn't be any posts

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

lipnox

So there you go, if more people post on the forum we get our chat room.

lipnox

I found this and will begin to use it if others do www.talkingurl.com

"Talking URL allows you to communicate with anyone who watching the same web page that you visit."

2 people messaged me in 2 hours I left it open in curiosity and I apologize to those 2 people for not responding but I'll keep following it and see if theres anywhere near enough people for a chat room.

Just so your aware, this application literally works every page as a different room so to chat you need to be on the main page, also it seems to keep chat records so if you want to drop in and say something you may find an answer to your question next time you log on. also dont think because no one is online no one will read it, I typed gibberish only to realize shortly after that my gibberish was there to stay.

Edited on by lipnox

lipnox

I went to nintendolife and found no chat room what so ever?

y2josh

It's hidden

y2josh

donN

oh really josh

donN

Epic

I know this thread is already dead but I really want for this to be implemented if its possible it would be a nice way to discuss talking points and talk with other users.
If nintendolife can have one why we can't?

Nintendolife's chatroom:
www.nintendolife.com/chat

PSN: Epic-ZX

Epic
CanisWolfred

^That chatroom is still in Alpha. It's not quite official, yet.

It has more than 2 years on alpha xD.

Edited on by Epic

CanisWolfred
Epic
CanisWolfred

^That chatroom is still in Alpha. It's not quite official, yet.

It has more than 2 years on alpha xD.

And it's been years since they said they were working on a proper search bar for Nintendo Life's forum. They work slow.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Epic

That could be a problem.
Without change there's now way up :S

rjejr

How about a hot line? I know this site wants to cover this news:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 … th-twitter

I figured I'ld link to the Guardian since it's  aUK site.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.