Forums

Topic: Will Microsoft Win Tokyo Game Show?

Posts 21 to 23 of 23

spoonard
DualWielding

After what happened at Gamescon now I'm scared that Microsoft would announce exclusivity over Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts 3 or something like that and deal the fatal blow to Sony.

Microsoft has yet to deal any blows to Sony if you ask me. In the current situation, Sony doesn't have to worry about exclusivity. They have more than twice as many consoles in the hands of gamers, so what company in their right mind would sign an exclusivity deal with Microsoft? Square could take a chunk of money from Microsoft and sell the game to half as many consumers, hoping the amount of money they took from Microsoft would make up for the other half. Maybe Microsoft could pitch in a bit of extra money and make the deal that much sweeter for Square, but they they still lose money on the deal because they don't have enough of the market to themselves to make up for it. Either way, Microsoft probably loses on paying out big bucks for exclusivity.

Forum Signature:_________________________________

PSN: Spoonard | Twitter:

rastamadeus

Japanese don't care about Microsoft and rather than who will 'win' a pointless trade show I'd be more worried about Sony ballsing up the market over there than they already have. The Japanese are feeling more and more isolated by Sony. A lot of my friends over there feel Sony aren't interested in them this gen and are either turning to mobile gaming or back to Nintendo. With Smash Bros looming over the release schedule like the Death Star it's vital Sony (and to a lesser extent Microsoft) pull their fingers out in Japan. The whole Westernisation of Eastern-produced video games is because they know the people there don't care anymore and are abandoning their primary audience to chase a quick buck. A quick buck that nine times out of ten never materialises.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

RoosterCogburn

with over ten million consoles already sold, I would say it is materializing

Grab and Growl

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.