Forums

Topic: PC Problem

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Tasuki

Ok guys so tonight when I ws playing a game on my desktop, my computer turned itself off.  I tried to turn it back on but it goes on for about a minute or two and shuts itself off again.  I am not PC savvy so I am hoping that you guys can help me.  I know enough to keep it clean by using canned air which I did about a month ago. 

Thanks all for ay help.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Beaston61

hmmmm... Seems like a heat problem. If it is, the pc will be automatically switching off to prevent any hardware damage
Did you get the BSOD (blue screen of death) before it turned itself off or did it simply power down?
What game was you playing?
After the pc has been powered down for a while, does it remain powered on for longer?

Currently Playing: ---> MGS V: PP (PS4) - Until Dawn (PS4) - Dota 2 (PC) & Loads of Indies! (long live the Indies)
PSN / Steam ID: Beaston61

"remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

PSN: Beaston61

Tasuki

I got the blue screen after it first shut itself off and then when I went to restart it.  I was playing World of Warcraft when it just turned off, like if there was a power outage which at first I thought there was but then noticed that everything else in the house was still on. 

I did a really good cleaning today of the inside and noticed that one of my fans has stopped working not sure if that has anything to do with it turning off or what but so far it hasn't turned itself off again today.

My Backlog

Batty5

It definitely could be an overheating issue, I would start with replacing the fan.

My computer had been doing the same thing, just shutting off. It started out occasionally, and then got more and more frequent. I kept thinking it was a matter of dust, or the graphics card overheating, but it turned out to be the power supply overheating. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago, and it has been working ever since.

If replacing the fan does not work, you might consider replacing the power supply. They are not very expensive. Just be sure to remember where to plug everything in once you replace it!

Batty5

Tasuki

Yeah finally figured it out that the fan is in fact the heatsink so I am thinking of replacing it I but I am not sure how hard it will be.

My Backlog

Scollurio

I'd say "there's your master race now" - but y'know...
I'd say "go buy a PS4" - but y'know...
so...
I just shall remain silent...

(I hope we're both well aware that I'm just pulling your leg here )

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Scollurio

lol, I'd say general fate!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Tasuki

So a quick update after having someone look my computer over that knows computers, it turned out that culprit is the video card going out.  The fan stopped working on it so now it overheats easily.  So it looks like I am in the market for a new vid card.  Yea me.

My Backlog

Batty5

Sorry to hear that. At least you can get a good video card at a reasonable price these days.

Batty5

jettederzocker

Please don't post in a th
read for the sole purpose of advertising.  Thanks -Tasuki-

https://www.youtube.com/user/jettederzocker

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.