Forums

Topic: My 160GB PS3 Won't Play Games

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

KidRyan

My used 160GB PS3 is refusing to play any of my physical retail game bluray discs.

I think it's the bluray drive/laser, but not 100% sure. Anyways, I was hoping someone here could help me solve the issue please?

Preferably without having to spend any money, I'll be broke until July 26th.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

KidRyan

Update: I had my friend look at my 160GB Slim PS3 again, and apparently it's either the Blu-Ray drive itself that's malfunctioning, which will cost me $80 New on eBay, or it's the HDD, in which case I'm hoping just formatting it and re-installing the PS3 OS will fix the problem.

If it is the HDD and formatting/reinstalling doesn't work, I have my eyes set on a 500GB Western Digital for only $50 New on Amazon.

I just hope they're not both malfunctioning, I can't afford to spend $130 all at once.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

TOMBOY25

it wont be the HDD if it wont play discs, blu-ray drives breaking is common on ps3's i'd say its most likely that's broken.

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

EyeDeeNO76

I would start by opening up the system and cleaning it especially if your system looks like the picture below their could be dust buildup also in the Blu-ray drive too and it may help to run one of those disk cleaners. If that doesn't do it you will need to replace the Blu-ray drive. > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Blu-ra … 1c3a6cf088

Dust_buildup.jpg

Edited on by EyeDeeNO76

It is not a X button... it's a cross button. Because they are symbols not letters.

PSN: Death_to_Xbox_

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.