Forums

Topic: Books You're Currently Reading?

Posts 21 to 40 of 879

KALofKRYPTON

Still ploughing (slowly) through The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Quite enjoying it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kage_88
KALofKRYPTON

Still ploughing (slowly) through The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Quite enjoying it.

I've been meaning to get back into that series. I stopped after the first book... I don't know why. Are they good?

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

Scollurio

Everything edwardian and victorian I can get my fingers on. Momentarily hooked n Poe and Lovecraft.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Scollurio
Kage_88

If anyone is interested, I just got my first novel published. It's a fantasy called The Tarinn Fables: Kwennsefulass, and it's available in both Kindle and hardcopy!

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Tarinn-Fables-Kwe … n+Fab%3Bes

Hard Copy: http://www.amazon.com/Kwennsefulass-Kri … 0992394023

I'd really appreciate it you fellas checked it out!

As for reading, well, I'm currently reading Ghosts by Hanz Holzer, and the Witcher series.

Congratulations mate, I'll definitely give it a go, I'm into short story writing myself and can truly feel the joy this achievement must have brought to you, I'll make sure to buy a copy just to support you, then let you know what I thought!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Hego

Never knew this thread existed, and I was thinking of starting a Reading thread up recently!
I'm currently reading Johnathen Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. Have to be honest it's very slow to get going, not really enjoying it too at the moment but I'll stick with it awhile longer and hopefully it'll pick up. If any has read, let me know if it gets better!

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Quintumply

I read the first chapter of Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman a few weeks ago, and I keep forgetting to carry on!

I'm a fan of some of his other books so I'm sure I'll like it. Got to try and remember to sit down and read it soon!

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Anchorsam_9

Usually, I read books about travel and other countries: I've got tons of Lonely Planet books as well as some based on Scandinavia - part of me really wants to go there at some point, so I'm always reading up on it. Right now I'm reading Scandinavian Design, which is pretty much what is says on the cover.

I've been reading a lot of sport books too - Zlatan Ibrahimovic's autobiography is excellent, as well as "Playing for Pizza" and "This Love is not for Cowards" which is about Ciudad Juarez, the football team based in Mexico's most dangerous city.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

does Manga count?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

usb

Currently reading Tricks of the Mind by Derren Brown and also The Full Facts of Cold Reading. Both interesting books . Just finished reading Wolf by Mo Hyder

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

kyleforrester87

Riding Rockets by Mike Mullane (space shuttle astronaut, biography). Previously it was the Space Oddysey series.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RR529

I read a lot back in middle & high school, but not so much recently (I'd like to get back into it, though).

I really need to get back into the Inheritance Cycle (I read the first three books back in high school, but the fourth came out afterwards, and by now I'd have to start back at the beginning. I doubt it'd be a problem though, as I read through Eragon itself a total of 4 times, and Eldest 2 or 3).

I've also enjoyed what Tom Clancy novels I've read (the Bear and the Dragon, & End War).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FullbringIchigo

@Hego: ok then i am currently reading 14th Deadly Sin by James Patterson

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Johnnycide

Ready Player One.

Best book I've ever read.

I don't read much though.

Johnnycide

General_Spiller

Trying to find the time to finish Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. Still not sure what I make of it with three chapters left!

Tempted to get back into the Dune series (Frank Herbert) but not sure I want to revisit 6 books i've read already. Anyone know of anything similar to these books that's worth a read?

General_Spiller

PSN: General_Spiller

clubber_lang78

Have Ready Player One on the shelf. May jump into it after I finish 11/22/63

clubber_lang78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic