Forums

Topic: The Order 1886

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Scollurio

I know it's still a fair bit away and I am actually glad for that as this years last few months are stuffed as they are and I always welcome more development time for games I'm really interested in. It's been brought up numerous times on the front page and elsewhere that besides slick visuals we don't know too much about the game and the gameplay yet. I agree to that but the main selling point for me, really is, the setting. I'm totally into the victorian era, it's inventions, celebrities, writers, stories and that said I totally dig shows like "Penny Dreadful" and "Ripper Street". Both awesomely well directed and acted by everyone involved.

That said, it's an era that has SO much on offer, if the dev of The Order is only "somewhat" up to snuff, and I bet my last schillings that they are, there's plenty of rich historia to draw inspiration from. The main thing I have to complain about is the lack of a COOP mode as it would be the icing on a wonderfully victorian cake of grandeur in my book - at least judging by what we know so far.

Let's share your thoughts on this and hopefully make the wait for this supposed-to-be gem on PS4 a bit more bearable!

Meanwhile take care about your whiskers and enjoy a cup of tea!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Storytime7

The biggest problem I have with this game (at least, what they've shown of it) is that it seems to take everything I didn't like about the Uncharted series (using visuals and a story only seen as good because it's cinematic to mask gameplay that, while perfectly functional, does nothing to stand out and ends up being completely dull to play) and go even further in that direction. The setting has a lot of potential for a great game to be made, yes, but they need to actually make a great game for it to mean anything. That being said, it's still a bit too soon to really get an idea how this game will turn out.

Storytime7

Scollurio

Fair enough, I can relate to your concerns and also, naturally, wonder how the gameplay itself will turn out.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Kage_88

I definitely want to play this game - but like many others, I'm concerned about the emphasis on graphics over the gameplay.

Still, I'm really digging the style and world RAD have built.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

JJ2

The setting, immersive realistic gameplay (yea everything is gameplay here IMO) its like everything I see is actually spoiler (cant help watching though) as I feel its a game that when I start playing its going to be hard to stop.
For people who have big doubts I suggest they wait for a proper review and at least leave the devs a chance to deliver the finished game before bitching on it, but otherwise its just personal feeling (like I dont like FPS for example, I feel only VR could make them worth it)

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

AdamNovice

Valid points from everyone. People obviously have different expectations as to what a game should be. For me, a game like this that puts a lot of emphasis on story & setting are the most critical parts that need to keep me engaged, I'll give you some examples if I may.
Mass Effect's gameplay was pretty standard, nothing special but people kept coming back because people were so invested in the settings, the characters and the story. Providing the game isn't broken I think the majority won't complain if The Order continues to look as good as it does & tells a good story.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.