Forums

Topic: Should we believe Shuhei Yoshida?

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

Enobmah_Shards

When he says there are many many first party titles for PS vita in development?

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Scollurio

I figure "many" means "some" and they'll be smaller games. I don't expect games like Motorstorm or another Uncharted.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

get2sammyb

I think the other thing is that Vita's a weird one because it's actually doing pretty well in Japan, so I can see them putting much more first-party muscle behind it there. I certainly think you're going to see more titles on the scale of Freedom Wars/Soul Sacrifice, because they proved with both titles that the market is ready to lap them up. The former especially did incredibly well.

rastamadeus
Enobmah_Shards

Simple answer: no.
Long complicated answer: no.

Sony don't care about the Vita. They're happy to let companies release games for it still (especially indies and localised Japanese weirdness) but hardly any games on Vita genuinely sell well enough for Sony to give a toss. They'll take the money until it dries up and then there will never be another handheld console by them again.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

xazingop
rastamadeus
Enobmah_Shards

Sony don't care about the Vita. They're happy to let companies release games for it still (especially indies and localised Japanese weirdness) but hardly any games on Vita genuinely sell well enough for Sony to give a toss. They'll take the money until it dries up and then there will never be another handheld console by them again.

why you troll ps vita hater/nintendo fanboy and why nintendo fanboy on ps vita topic?.Please stop troll ps vita hater/nintendo fanboy...please stop troll

xazingop

Punished_Boss_84

If you mean big games, no. If you want to be technical, no. If you want to include every game published by Sony, then yes.

Ironically all the exclusive games in one region or another, this year thus far has been relegated to digital only. Started with Mukasuki Baby, Soul Sacrifice Delta, PS Vita Pets, Freedom Wars, Bigfest, Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines, Then when people call Vita PortStation Vita or IndieStation Vita, then take a look a their store (digital or otherwise) it doesn't help their grand perception that there hasn't been a single physical release of an exclusive but instead broken ports take their place and the PS store is flooded with indies. The moral of the story: Sony doesn't care and will do anything to get away from Vita.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

xazingop
Punished_Boss

If you mean big games, no. If you want to be technical, no. If you want to include every game published by Sony, then yes.

Ironically all the exclusive games in one region or another, this year thus far has been relegated to digital only. Started with Mukasuki Baby, Soul Sacrifice Delta, PS Vita Pets, Freedom Wars, Bigfest, Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines, Then when people call Vita PortStation Vita or IndieStation Vita, then take a look a their store (digital or otherwise) it doesn't help their grand perception that there hasn't been a single physical release of an exclusive but instead broken ports take their place and the PS store is flooded with indies. The moral of the story: Sony doesn't care and will do anything to get away from Vita.

please stop troll ps vita hater and  ps vita is region free....The moral of the story:Punished Boss doesn't care and will do anything to troll ps vita

Edited on by xazingop

xazingop

Scollurio
rastamadeus
Enobmah_Shards

I see your point, everyone can who follows Vita, but why that bitterness? ;(

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Scollurio
Reverandjames

Capcom need to stop giving the 3DS so much love and release a Monster Hunter on Vita. Killer App.

There IS Monster Hunter coming for Vita.
Frontier G, there's a thread about it here in this very forum.

Besides, Give Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice a Chance. The latter being a really engaging and awesome experience so far!

#supportindies

Jairo_MC

Monster Hunter, Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice sell a lot only in Japan. And Monster Hunter Frontier G is a port, if I'm not mistaken, not one original as, say, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Jairo_MC

PSN: Jairo_MC | Twitter:

Enobmah_Shards

Even if Tidux rumours about the vita getting more love is true, I'll be open to anything that Sony makes for first party and maybe some PS3 ports. I wouldn't mind those and I think the reason why they did not mention any big games for PS vita at E3 is because they will save it for GamesCom

It is apparent that at GamesCom, the vita has a lot of good showings from the previous years, so this wouldn't be any different at all.

Edited on by Enobmah_Shards

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

rastamadeus
Scollurio

I'd say it was more factual than bitter. They don't care about Vita but while it still brings in money they'll keep saying "Oh yeah, we love the Vita and have so many games coming for it." Once the small (but dedicated) userbase gives up on it though Sony will drop it. And I think we all know there won't be another Sony handheld, just not worth their time. Personally I'd have more admiration in Sony if they just admitted they couldn't care less about the Vita. It's failed because they've never cared about it, they just wanted a slice of the pie Nintendo has long owned. Look at how it's been marketed... oh, it never properly was. I love my Vita and play it more than PS3 and 4 together so it's just frustrating as hell knowing it's not supported by the people who made it.

xazingop

why you troll ps vita hater/nintendo fanboy and why nintendo fanboy on ps vita topic?.Please stop troll ps vita hater/nintendo fanboy...please stop troll

No need to fire back at them, just ignore them and move on next time please.  We dont want to give them the satisfaction of derailing a thread.  Thanks -Tasuki-

Reverandjames

Capcom need to stop giving the 3DS so much love and release a Monster Hunter on Vita. Killer App.

Yeah, they need to stop making millions on a handheld that is STILL selling ludicrous amounts every week and spend God knows how much money porting or making a new game then promoting it on a machine that isn't selling. Capcom can't afford to take gambles - hardly any Japanese companies can - on the Vita when we all know it will not sell. It's that simple sadly. Do I want a MH game on Vita? Personally no as I find them boring but yes, for the console, I want it to help it. Will it happen? Never. More chance of Putin admitting his country is behind the shooting down of MH17.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

Tasuki

@xazingop:  If you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation then please don't post anything, especially if it is to insult other users.  Everyone's views are different and just because they are don't make them a troll. 

If you continue to attempt to disrupt the thread they way you are trying you could be punished with a temp or even a permanent ban and we wouldn't want that would we?

Consider this your first warning.

Thank you for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WebHead

Sad truth is some products just don't catch on. Vita is unfortunately one of them. So I can't say I trust him entirely.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

Adhrast
rastamadeus
Scollurio

I'd say it was more factual than bitter. They don't care about Vita but while it still brings in money they'll keep saying "Oh yeah, we love the Vita and have so many games coming for it." Once the small (but dedicated) userbase gives up on it though Sony will drop it. And I think we all know there won't be another Sony handheld, just not worth their time. Personally I'd have more admiration in Sony if they just admitted they couldn't care less about the Vita. It's failed because they've never cared about it, they just wanted a slice of the pie Nintendo has long owned. Look at how it's been marketed... oh, it never properly was. I love my Vita and play it more than PS3 and 4 together so it's just frustrating as hell knowing it's not supported by the people who made it.

xazingop

No need to fire back at them, just ignore them and move on next time please.  We dont want to give them the satisfaction of derailing a thread.  Thanks -Tasuki-

Reverandjames

Yeah, they need to stop making millions on a handheld that is STILL selling ludicrous amounts every week and spend God knows how much money porting or making a new game then promoting it on a machine that isn't selling. Capcom can't afford to take gambles - hardly any Japanese companies can - on the Vita when we all know it will not sell. It's that simple sadly. Do I want a MH game on Vita? Personally no as I find them boring but yes, for the console, I want it to help it. Will it happen? Never. More chance of Putin admitting his country is behind the shooting down of MH17.

I love my Vita. I've been mostly a Nintendo fan for a long time, but this gen I could afford having both handhelds and I've got to say... Apart from the 110 hours I put into MH3U the Vita I recently got is getting a lot of love. I finished FFX on it (just got about halfway through on PS2) and I'm currently playing Persona 4 and Soul Sacrifice Delta. There's a lot to love on this console, I just wish Sony hadn't done the mistakes Nintendo made with Wii U and marketed it properly.

About Capcom, they're not giving the 3DS that much love cause they love Nintendo so much, they're doing it because they have an exclusivity deal, which expires this year iirc.
And MH doesn't need a big install base, it CREATES it. Bring a big fat MH game on the Vita, with a lot of content and maybe online multiplayer for westerners and you'll have a couple of millions units sold before you can say "Brachydios".
It all comes down to what Sony wants to do and if it's ready to support their handheld. I'm afraid they expect to sell itself like PS4 does... Btw, I find the way Yoshida states "We don't know why the hell we sold all these units" extremely embarrassing... Because it make me wonder, if they didn't have any strategy for this result, then Vita is doomed.

Edited on by Adhrast

Adhrast

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.