Forums

Topic: True reasons of Vita's fail =)

Posts 21 to 40 of 51

Tasuki
Gemuarto

Sorry if I'm not trying to explain you everything as to baby. If you can't understand some basic things and think that small fonts are OK and PS3 and PS4 games are good for portable gaming.... it's just pointless to explain you anything.

Right there is a clear insult, and quite honestly it just your overall disrespectful tone.  But I am not going to carry on you were warned.  If you can't treat other users here with respect well then I think you will need to find somewhere else to hang out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Scollurio

Sorry Tasuki and the others, I was not trying to conjure or provoke a conversation like that, I really don't get Gemuarto's point. Probably I should have stopped asking a few posts ago! ;(

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Tasuki

No need to apologize Scollurio it's all good.

Now lets get this thread back on track. 

My Backlog

Gamer83

I still think one of the biggest factors is pricing. $250 early on given the hardware isn't a bad price but the fact of the matter is, it's quite a bit for a portable especially when at the time the 3DS was about $70 less, also has more than adequate hardware for a handheld and had a very good library that was getting better. On top of the $250 price, you also had the insanely idiotic prices for the memory cards and it's something Sony was never properly taken to task over by the press. If Nintendo or MS had releases memory cards that were required and it cost $100 for 32GB you would never hear the end of it. Sony did it and every was like 'eh.' Even now I think it costs $80 which is still ridiculous, shouldn't be any more than $35. The base price for the system itself is much better but still the required memory cards add extra cost and the pricing is piss poor.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Jazzer94
KALofKRYPTON

Mobiles and Nintendo. That is why the Vita is in the state it is.

The PSP was seminal, it also arrived well before phones were able to technically out perform it and was far more appealing than the original DS.

The Vita is technically the best dedicated handheld out there outside of perhaps The Shield. It's a great piece of hardware, with a great catalogue of games.
Nintendo have the younger end of the market all sewn up as well as the Nintendo faithful. The failure to follow up the (actually excellent) launch line up quickly hurt the Vita quite a lot. It's nice for it to be a bit of an indie darling, but a handful of big publisher games would help.

Nintendo have much more than the younger market buying into the 3DS, and if history has taught us anything being the technically superior handheld has not really helped in the past.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

PSN: mangaJman

get2sammyb
Gemuarto

I don't give a **** about your warnings, so you don't need to warn me at all, man. But you can warn me as much as you like, if you want.

Also, I can't see insults in my posts, sorry =(. So, I can't help you with your request =(.

This thread has already been de-railed far enough, which is a shame, because it's actually a great point of conversation. As you're usually a much friendlier poster than this, you're on your very last warning - don't make me or Tasuki have to warn you again.

Gemuarto
get2sammyb
Gemuarto

I don't give a **** about your warnings, so you don't need to warn me at all, man. But you can warn me as much as you like, if you want.

Also, I can't see insults in my posts, sorry =(. So, I can't help you with your request =(.

This thread has already been de-railed far enough, which is a shame, because it's actually a great point of conversation. As you're usually a much friendlier poster than this, you're on your very last warning - don't make me or Tasuki have to warn you again.

I told you, I don't care about warnings. And when I told that, I meant that. Also, you are to late with warnings. That guy with GT6 avatar already accepted that he can't understand me.

Gemuarto

Scollurio

Gemuarto, I don't think me not "getting" your meaning is the point of Sammy's and Tasuki's inquiry towards you. I enjoy a heated debate as much as the next guy, but why so hostile?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

get2sammyb
Gemuarto
get2sammyb
Gemuarto

I told you, I don't care about warnings. And when I told that, I meant that. Also, you are to late with warnings. That guy with GT6 avatar already accepted that he can't understand me.

Perhaps a temporary ban will convince you to reconsider how you behave in our forum.

Back on topic, please...

Scollurio

As back on topic... I believe that the main reason why Handhelds have a tough time (I know the 3DS beats the Vita any time of the day, but if you look at the releases for it besides shovelware, it's also really rather slow lately) is that people, mainly the kids have changed. When we were small and had a gameboy, gameboy advance, etc... there was no competition in your pocket so to speak. You had some bright-green-lcd-screened phone that looked like a brick with rounded edges and that was it. Nowadays, hands down, besides gaming a tablet or smartphone offers a MILLION more uses than a handheld console. And kids want to have a smartphone and a tablet etc... because it's cool and everyone has one. They're satisfied with the gaming to be found on such devices as probably they've never delved into "deep gaming". I think that most "kids" nowadays would be totally overwhelmed if they played some handheld behemoth like Persona 4, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Zelda or Fire Emblem. They'd rather go back to angry birds and doodle jump. Sad that our hobby is obviously like everything else, an industry driven by the masses. Good we have the indies. I'm just waiting for the first HANDHELD kickstarter project to back!

#supportindies

Cron_13

Sony need to just include this:

0002775501257_500X500.jpg

.. with each Vita sold, and then they'll overtake 3DS sales.

You are welcome Sony.

Seriously though, I think the only game I've actually had an issue with on the Vita related to font size was Football Manager... and even that wasn't game breaking - the game breaking aspect was it was sh*t...

| PlayStation Network ID: Cron_13 | XBOX Live: Cron13 |

Holydiver85

@Gamer83 I agree, the inital purchase of a Vita, memory card, game etc. is a little steep. It cost me close to $400 (although I paid for the extended warranty through Futureshop) and that didnt even include a game. Luckily I have been "buying" them as they were offereed on PS+ as they came up so it wasnt necessary to buy a game.

I was particularly floored by the memory card price. Being as it was $80 before taxes(Canada)for a 32GB card which I filled up very quickly. Although I do remember the same issue with PSP.

Also to your other point that people want a "jack of all trades" machine. I have seen all sorts of devices changing like this and it scares me. The same sort of thing is happening with music. Its hard to find a dedicated music player nowadays, its always lumped in with a phone, or tablet etc. and when they do this they compromise the quality of all functions. There is a reason the phrase is "jack of all trades, master of none". Also many people now dont have the attention span for games that are longer than 30 seconds to a minute. Like you were saying they wouldnt know what to do with many games that are more substantial.

Edited on by Holydiver85

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Ralizah

Speaking for myself, two huge barriers to entry were the initial price of the machine and, especially, the price of the memory cards. The Vita's price is more reasonable now, but the price of those memory cards are still ludicrous.

Moreover, unlike Nintendo, Sony doesn't seem to have any big handheld-only franchises to drive hype about the machine. The perfect example is Pokemon, of course, but other franchises like Ace Attorney or Professor Layton can also apply. Those aren't experiences I can get anywhere else. Not on PS4, not on Wii U, but only on Nintendo DS/3DS.

It's also worth noting how much of a failure Near has been for the Vita.

I LOVE my Vita, and I LOVE most of the console ports I have for it, but Sony just fundamentally doesn't understand portable gaming.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

ZeD
Ralizah

, but Sony just fundamentally doesn't understand portable gaming.

^^ This here is the main problem.  Sony want PS3 games on a portable device but in the modern day this is not possible.  Honestly with the great games on the home consoles, I cannot find time to comlpete the more fuller games on the Vita.  I find mself playing the games which offer quick bursts of entertainment at the moment.

There is nothing wrong with the Vita - they it something wrong with Sony's Vita Division.  All this money made from the PS4, they should use on R&R for the Vita.

I am still waiting for a new God of War on Vita - we had 2 on the PSP!

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

dark_gemuarto
get2sammyb

Perhaps a temporary ban will convince you to reconsider how you behave in our forum.

Back on topic, please...

Hey, mister tyrant in a good mood, what about promise to unban me on 24th of July???? O___o Still can't understand why you banned me, though. Conversation was over, my mood was OK. It was the most pointless ban I've ever witnessed. But whatever. Are going to unban me? Or was I exiled forever from your kingdom of good mood?

dark_gemuarto

Tasuki
dark_gemuarto
get2sammyb

Back on topic, please...

Hey, mister tyrant in a good mood, what about promise to unban me on 24th of July???? O___o Still can't understand why you banned me, though. Conversation was over, my mood was OK. It was the most pointless ban I've ever witnessed. But whatever. Are going to unban me? Or was I exiled forever from your kingdom of good mood?

If you are looking to discuss a ban you might want to try contacting the staff here

https://www.pushsquare.com/contact

That will more then likely catch their attention then calling them out on the forums. 

And really that goes for anyone here if you are ever banned please use the contact form to discuss it as the forums are not really the place to discuss bans.  For one thing we don't want a thread to be derailed by it and also discussions of bans are and should be between the staff and user only.  No need to discuss this matter in public since really it's no ones business but the staff and the user.

Thanks for understanding

My Backlog

Gemuarto

Funny thing, Miyamoto telling about Wii U almost same things I were trying to say about Vita, in this thread.. Core audience, exclusive hardware experience. Yeah... I like this guy. Instead, we got PS3 crap and indie ***t =).

Gemuarto

Heavyman99

It is still good content, and stuff like the remakes of the Neptunia games coming in, though not down my alley, appear to be dramatically better than the PS3 versions. Also, I never had a PS3, so I'm happily frolicking in the Vita ports.

Heavyman99

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.